Process Operations Engineer - VR/19615
Currently recruiting for an experienced Process Operations Engineer on a contract basis for an Oil & Gas Operator based in Aberdeen.
The contract will initially run through until the end of March 2020 and the client is ideally looking to take on someone who is available at short notice. There will also be a requirement to work offshore on occasion as part of this role, therefore applicants must be willing to do this.
The Process Operations Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing a high level of process engineering expertise within the Plant Optimisation Team, part of the Production Support Department, supporting all Company assets.
- Proactively participating in Production Operations loss management and production / injection efficiency improvement related processes and activities.
- Conducting investigations into process related plant failures, which impact safety, production / injection efficiency, equipment availability and maintenance resources. Identifying root causes and providing proposals for cost effective engineering solutions.
- Identifying other forward-looking opportunities to optimise facility efficiency, improve reliability, and reduce operating costs.
- Leading or participating in technical studies relating to water injection, Oil & Gas operations, and facilities optimisation / modification.
- Proactively contributing to maintaining a comprehensive database of oil / gas production, water production / injection and production loss / deferment statistics.
- Participating in the development of best in class operating, reporting and recording, and analysis procedures for oil, gas and water production / injection performance.
- Providing recommendations for changes to critical spares and optimisation of asset inventories where appropriate.
- Liaising with other disciplines, vendor representatives, and manufacturers. Ensuring vendor support is efficiently applied when required.
- Assisting with the resolution of operational problems, including participation in and close-out of accident / incident investigations and equipment failure root cause analysis. Facilitating RCAs where required.
- Proactively encouraging a production efficiency and plant uptime focus within the company.
- Facilitating and encouraging cross asset plant optimisation learning and improvement.
- Identifying and proposing implementation of best in class optimisation technologies / systems / processes.
- Providing technical support to assets during unplanned shutdowns or delayed start-ups, when requested.
- Promoting better understanding of production efficiency impact on various asset work scopes / modifications to aid planning and prioritisation.
- Providing process plant optimisation input to other company initiatives and processes.
- Ensuring no outstanding assigned investigation / incident actions are overdue.
- Monitoring performance of installed production equipment.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline, or an equivalent level of experience, is essential.
- At least 10 years’ worth of overall experience within the Oil & Gas Industry is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Process Operations Engineer type role, within the Oil & Gas Industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an Oil & Gas Operator, would be preferred.
- Alongside process engineering experience, the client is also looking to take on someone who possesses strong mechanical experience / skills.
- Applicants will be expected to be familiar with using standard process simulation software (HYSYS) to understand plant performance and generate data for process calculations.
- Experience in carrying out detailed engineering studies and investigations, as well as facilitating RCAs, is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team