Mechanical Design Engineer - VR/20317
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas Service company based in Aberdeenshire.
Reporting to the Senior Design Engineer – Team Lead, the Design Engineer will work as part of a Design Team for seeing conceptual designs developed from ideas through to drawing, justification to codes and standards, manufacturing, testing and support of Field Technicians.
The Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Taking technical direction and guidance from the Team Leader, Lead Design Engineers and Project Technical Leads.
- Assuming technical disciplinary responsibility for design related tasks and activities.
- Providing support for Draftspersons, Trainee Draftsperson and Graduate Engineers.
- Accountability for quality, safety and fitness for purpose of drafting work undertaken.
- Checking drawings produced within the department and making sure drafting and company standards are met.
- Presenting technical proposals and designs at concept and detailed design reviews, relating to, but not limited to, drafting.
- Familiarising and becoming efficient in the use of design tools (AutoCAD, Inventor, Mathcad etc).
- Providing design support and guidance for manufacturing, as well as assembly and test.
- Carrying out site surveys – onshore and offshore.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An Honours Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering, or another relevant discipline, is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status with IMechE, or similar, would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Design Engineer role, within the Oil and Gas industry, is essential.
- Relevant tool and equipment design experience, in either subsea equipment or mechanical systems, would be advantageous.
- Experience with downhole tooling, relating to plugs, locks, packers and deployment mechanisms, would also be preferred.
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas related product design, relating to pipework installation and operation, would be preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Inventor is essential.
- Experience with ANSYS, or other FEA packages, is essential.
- Experience with Mathcad is essential.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft AX system would be advantageous.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team