Assistant Accountant - VR/22566
A newly created role with our client - leading private equity professionals, are looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant to bolster their team based in the City Centre (working from home initially). Due to company growth, this permanent position would suit a dynamic individual looking to progress (study support available) or a seasoned candidate already working at this level looking for a fresh challenge.
Reporting to the CFO, your role will be responsible for:
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assisting to ensure monthly management accounts are produced, to include;
- Preparing prepayments, accruals, sales invoice, FX and journals;
- Running and reviewing reports for potential adjustments; and
- Preparing department reports and carrying out analytical review vs plan.
- Daily update of bank account worksheets and prepare weekly bank journals.
- Inputting supplier invoices.
- Preparing investment banking sales invoices and updating the invoice register.
- Entering monthly revenue into CRM system.
- Running weekly reports.
- Preparing monthly management reports.
- Preparing assigned monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
Applicants to this role require
- Knowledge of MS Office – Excel especially.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent bookkeeping skills, including the ability to prepare journals unassisted.
- Sound financial knowledge and background/experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a small team.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Able to prioritise workload and excellent organisational skills.
- Working knowledge of preparing VAT returns an advantage.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team