Design Engineer - VR/23769
Currently recruiting for an experienced Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas Service company based in Kintore, Aberdeenshire.
This role would suit an experienced Design Engineer who has experience of working in a similar role within a service company / manufacturing environment within the oil and gas industry. It would suit a candidate who has experience with Inventor and Mathcad, as well as experience of working with pressure vessel, piping and pipeline codes (ASME etc.). The post holder will be expected to have experience in ATEX and FEA.
The Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Taking technical direction and guidance from the Engineering Manager, Lead Design Engineers and Project Technical Leads.
- Assuming technical disciplinary responsibility for design related tasks and activities.
- Providing support to Draftspersons, Trainee Draftsperson and Graduate Engineers.
- Accountability for quality, safety and fitness for purpose of drafting work undertaken.
- Checking drawings produced within the department and making sure drafting and company standards are met.
- Presenting technical proposals and designs at concept and detailed design reviews.
- Efficient use of design tools (AutoCAD, Inventor, Mathcad, etc.).
- Providing design support to other company functions.
- Providing design support and guidance to manufacturing, assembly and test.
- Carrying out site surveys – onshore and offshore.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An honours degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering, or similar, is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status with IMechE would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Mechanical Design Engineer type role, within a service company / manufacturing environment within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Inventor is essential.
- Experience with Mathcad is essential.
- Experience of working with pressure vessel, piping and pipeline codes (ASME etc.) would be highly desirable.
- Experience of working with lifting standards (DNV 273, 378, 2.22) would be advantageous.
- Specific experience with ASME codes would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to possess knowledge of CE marking requirements and related design documentation.
- Applicants will be expected to possess knowledge of the Pressure Equipment Directive.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience of dealing with verification bodies, such as DNV, Bureau Veritas and Lloyd’s Register.
- Experience with ANSYS, or other FEA packages, would be preferred.
- Experience with downhole tooling – relating to plugs, locks, packers and deployment mechanisms – would be preferred.
- Pigging experience / knowledge would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team