G&A Cost Accountant - VR/22049
Permanent opportunity available to join international oil and gas E&P organisation. Reporting to the General Accounting Cost and Allocations Analyst, this role would suit an individual with similar experience in a cost focused role.
- Preparing and maintaining coding guides for department costs.
- Reviewing all coding on supplier invoices and correct the codes as required and developing knowledge of the Maximo procure to pay process to help departments as required.
- Reviewing payroll charge with HR to ensure that the correct staff are charged to the correct departments.
- Reviewing all cost charged to departments, preparing monthly cost accruals and posting to SUN financials.
- Preparing year to date cost reports on a monthly basis, reviewing with department Managers.
- Revising full year cost forecasts with department Managers and inputting new forecast into system.
- Monthly performance of key account reconciliations related to G&A cost postings.
- Setting up, maintaining and closing time writing codes in the time writing system and monitoring time writers and ensure that their time-writing is up to date.
- Performing share costs allocations and other accounting aspects of materials and logistic cost accounting.
- Assisting in other Finance areas such as required (e.g. VAT return preparation).
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Relevant experience as a Cost Accountant.
- Preferably degree qualified in finance / business studies or similar.
- Part qualified Accountant.
- Understanding of the nature of onshore department G&A costs and the G&A cost allocation process in an upstream oil and gas company.
- Proven experience in preparing cost accounts, cost reports and cost forecasts.
- SUN experience or experience in a similar system.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team