HSEQ Specialist / Advisor - VR/23205
Currently recruiting for an experienced HSEQ Specialist for a metal production / manufacturing company based in Fort William.
This role would suit a NEBOSH-qualified candidate who is capable of developing and maintaining the Quality Management System, as well as writing safety processes and procedures across all HSE specialist areas. The post holder will be expected to provide health & safety training and advice, and be capable of liaising effectively with regulatory bodies. The successful candidate will be expected to have a strong working knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 accreditations. This role is suited to an experienced HSEQ Specialist / Advisor who has previous experience in a similar role within a manufacturing / production environment.
The HSEQ Specialist will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Advising Managers, Supervisors and employees on a range of specialist areas, including but not limited to, environment, hazardous substances, noise, manual handling, vibration, occupational hygiene and quality controls.
- Assisting and supporting management and departments to ensure compliance with company requirements and procedures, as well as government health, safety and environment legislation and regulations.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies, HSE, SEPA and any other appropriate organisation, as required.
- Participating in the investigation and analysis of incidents, near misses and contribute to corrective actions.
- Supporting departmental training and development regarding health, safety and environmental responsibilities, whilst looking for areas for improvement and strengthening the HSE culture.
- In participation with departmental managers, conducting, reviewing and updating risk assessments.
- Developing and maintaining the HSEQ management system.
- Contributing to the ongoing management of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 certifications.
- Carrying out internal audits and supporting external HSE, SEPA and certification body audits.
- Compiling and providing reports for the business and departments, including supporting the development of statistics, targets and objectives, as required.
- Carrying out health, safety, environment and quality training and inductions, as required.
- Assisting and supporting the security management personnel on site.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate is essential.
- Environmental and industrial hygiene qualifications would be preferred.
- ISO Auditor certification is essential (Lead Auditor training would be preferred).
- Previous experience in a similar HSEQ Advisor / Specialist type role is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, within a manufacturing / production environment, would be highly desirable.
- Applicants will be expected to possess an understanding of HSEQ legislation relating to an Upper Tier COMAH site.
- Applicants will be expected to possess an understanding of ISO management system standards, such as IOS 9001, 14001 and 45001.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team