Lead Fabric Maintenance Engineer - VR/25645
Currently recruiting for a Lead Fabric Maintenance Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a leading engineering and maintenance provider based in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. Occasional offshore travel will likely be required - therefore, applicants must be prepared to work offshore.
The Lead Fabric Maintenance Engineer will act as the contract Focal Point for all QA/QC requirements and checks. The post holder will be required to engineer and develop all fabric maintenance work scopes. The successful candidate will be expected to integrate with onshore / offshore FM Teams, to support general FM deliverables (CUI / PFP etc).
The Lead Fabric Maintenance Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing technical support to offshore and onshore teams across all disciplines.
- Mobilising offshore to carry out fabric maintenance surveys and prepare / complete reports.
- Preparing and closing out of work packs and / or work instructions.
- Raising job cards for offshore activities.
- Providing seamless cover to the asset and client in the absence / leave period of the Asset Focal Point.
- Preparing CTRs and project estimates.
- Providing support to the Asset Focal Point for updating forecasts / cost reports.
- Planning and monitoring the requisition and expedition of all resource requirements including material, equipment and personnel (including subcontractor services) via the SAP system.
- Maintaining key communications with offshore teams.
- Ensuring that all operations are reviewed and planned to ensure compliance with company and legislative requirements.
- Promoting safe working practices and safety awareness through implementation of the HSEQ Plan, safety campaigns, safety meetings and briefings.
- Ensuring that all equipment and working practices are monitored to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring that all hazards are identified and assessed to mitigate risk exposure.
- Delivering pre-mobilisation briefs and liaise with both onshore and offshore personnel.
- Attending all training and safety courses as requested by line manager or by the company.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant Engineering degree / HND / HNC qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar onshore-based Lead Fabric Maintenance Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience of working with an FM / EPC company is essential.
- Applicants should have good working knowledge of scaffolding, painting, insulation and passive fire protection.
- Applicants should also have an appreciation of specialist disciplines, such as specialist cleaning, minor modifications, inspection, abseiling etc.
- Experience with CMMS systems (Maximo / SAP) is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possesses a sound understanding of operational planning and delivery.
- Experience in quality management would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team