Project Engineer (Commercial / Project Controls) - VR/23395
Currently recruiting for an experienced Project Engineer, with a commercial / project controls bias, on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Glasgow.
Working a 37.5-hour week and working within the company’s new Hydrogen division, the Project Engineer will manage single or multiple projects through the entire project lifecycle, ensuring they meet deadlines and are within budget.
This role would suit a commercially-based Project Engineer who has considerable project management, cost control and customer and supply chain experience. Whilst a degree of technical-mindedness is required, the important elements for this role are more commercially / project-control focussed.
The Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning of projects, in order to accomplish goals and produce the products required within constraints, such as time, cost and agreed quality standards.
- Continuously monitoring progress in terms of the status of the plan and the budget, and reporting back to Senior Management via weekly status reports and meetings.
- Delivering leadership and direction to supporting departments, ensuring they are optimised and coordinated in a cost-effective manner in line with work-stream requirements. Ensuring all participants are aware of deadlines and action items required of them each week.
- Managing all project issues including planning, forecasting, scheduling and personnel management, to ensure the smooth running and effective delivery of services to customer base.
- Implementing rigorous project management methodologies and project controls, including the creation and use of Gantt charts, spreadsheets or other appropriate tools to manage people and tasks.
- Being instrumental in continuous improvement of project standards and processes to improve efficiency.
- Influencing teams to ensure on target delivery through leadership skills.
- Liaising, advising and reporting to other members of the Senior Management Team to provide strong cross- functional business operations support to all departments within the organisation.
- Providing input, of a financial and commercial nature, for assisting in the financial management of the company.
- Assisting in developing training and career development programmes for personnel under direct control within the Projects Department.
- Preparing commercial and schedule reports.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A HNC, or equivalent, qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar Project Engineer type role with a commercial / project controls bias.
- Experience in project management.
- Budget control experience.
- Experience in the development of Microsoft Project and the development of project plans.
- Experience in establishing tenders and developing project structures for the management of projects.
- Proficiency in reviewing terms and conditions and contract reviews, as well as highlighting commercial risk.
- Experience in the management of customer requirements and the ability to liaise with customers on project deliverables.
- A degree qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- PRINCE2 certified.
- Experience in business development.
- Experience in the development of project management processes and procedures.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team