Senior QHSE Advisor - VR/23314
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior QHSE Advisor on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire. It will likely mainly be an office-based / onsite role.
The Senior QHSE Advisor will be responsible for developing, maintaining and continuously improving the IMS (Integrated Management Systems), as well as ensuring that company policies are effectively implemented within the organisation.
This role would suit an experienced Senior QHSE Advisor who possesses strong QHSE operations-based experience within an oil and gas service company type environment. In addition to this, the company is looking to take on a candidate who can implement processes onsite, coach staff best practice and provide project QHSE support. The successful candidate should have strong auditing experience and he / she will be expected to have strong experience with the management and implementation of UK HSE legislation. The post holder will need to be able to maintain and implement ISO 45001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 – therefore, applicants should have experience with all of these standards.
Reporting to the Group QHSE Manager, the Senior QHSE Advisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring QHSE policies are well communicated, displayed, understood and implemented throughout the operation.
- Ensuring that the Integrated Management System is well communicated, understood and implemented throughout the operation, and continuously monitor its effectiveness.
- Establishing facility QHSE objectives in line with Group QHSE KPIs and monitoring them on a monthly basis.
- Reporting QHSE performance regularly to the General Managers and Group QHSE Team, including formal monthly reports.
- Coordinating and conducting monthly management review meetings with facility management.
- Identifying, developing and conducting local QHSE training on a regular basis, and track training progress as per requirements.
- Ensuring the business complies with local HSE regulations.
- Ensuring all QHSE incidents are reported, investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintaining QHSE ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 certifications.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to employees regarding QHSE processes.
- Providing input to tender submissions and participate in tender presentations, as required.
- Carrying out internal and external audits.
- Handling of customer complaints - ensuring they are resolved satisfactorily with necessary counter measures taken to prevent recurrence.
- Monitoring vendor quality and HSE performance, verifying corrective actions to ensure effectiveness.
- Coordinating and participating in audits with external bodies, ensuring the company is well prepared for the audits.
- Logging and reviewing all Non-Conformance Reports, both internal and external, to ensure that appropriate corrective and preventive actions are put in place.
- Documenting and data controlling of site-specific procedures and records.
- Driving and improving site QHSE culture.
- Chairing monthly QHSE meetings.
- Providing QHSE support to operations and making sure all risk assessments are in place.
- Travelling to all company locations, as required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate qualification is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to hold Internal / Lead Auditor qualifications to ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and ISO 45001 standards.
- Knowledge of HSE regulations and industry guidance is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar operations-focused QHSE Advisor type role, within an oil and gas / subsea service company type environment, is essential.
- A proven track record of developing and maintaining QHSE management systems is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team