Telecoms Supervisor - VR/24720
TMM Recruitment is working with one of the most prestigious Oil and Gas Operators in the North East to source a Telecoms Supervisor on a permanent basis. The Telecoms Supervisor is responsible for providing telecommunications support to hub operated assets to maximise facility efficiency and optimise execution of maintenance programme and modification projects. The role will manage workloads for Offshore Technicians and support IS and OT led projects as required.
MAE/MATTE and HSE Critical Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and HSEQ procedures.
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence Level:
- Applying Telecommunications expertise and support to ensure maintenance activities are carried out safely and efficiently across the operated hubs assets.
- Responsible for provision of day-to-day support to Offshore Technicians, ensuring efficient execution of maintenance strategy.
- Responsible for defining equipment / system performance standards and specifications of new equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring equipment / system performance and where they fail to meet expected outcomes, ensuring corrective actions are initiated in alignment with business expectations.
- Responsible for discipline engineering and maintenance support to operations.
- Responsible for creation, maintenance, and review of Technical Controlling Documents for the telecoms discipline.
- Ensuring redline project drawings and procedures are completed after project commissioning.
- May be required to provide out of hours support via an on-call rota.
Critical Skills, Qualifications Experience, etc.:
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Significant experience of oil and gas operations.
- Significant experience of managing safety critical communications systems.
- Committed to achieving the highest standards of safety performance.
- Experience of Maximo plant maintenance management systems and proficient in the work order management process.
- Experience of telecoms systems such as MODU / ESD, Radio Systems, VHF/UFH Radios, PAGA, PABX, Met Systems, VOIP, LOS Radios and VSAT.
- Knowledge of information security best practices.
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
Desirable Skills, Qualifications Experience, etc.:
- CAA operator’s license.
- Knowledge of offshore control of work systems.
- HAZID / HAZOP trained.
- Electrical Wiring Regulations certified.
- GMDSS General or Restricted (ROC) license.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team