Principal Environmental Engineer – VR/24394
Currently recruiting for an experienced Principal Environmental Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea company based in Westhill, Aberdeen. A part-time working arrangement could potentially be offered up for the right candidate.
The Principal Environmental Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing up-to-date knowledge of environmental regulations and best practice for a wide range of offshore energy developments, particularly in the UK, and also for overseas projects in the Mediterranean Sea, Black Sea and Caspian Sea.
- Leading multi-disciplinary ENVID workshops for identifying and managing environmental risks.
- Contributing to multi-discipline design reviews of the selection of hardware, subsea layouts, installation and operating procedures, to ensure the execution of work in compliance with regulations, such as flaring and venting reduction, and best available techniques.
- Leading field development carbon footprint calculations in accordance with company standards.
- Scoping environmental impact assessments, and instructing practical survey work, utilising existing company assets where possible and advising on purchase or hire of new equipment.
- Obtaining and overseeing consents for marine survey activity.
- Interpreting survey findings.
- Writing environment statements on behalf of developers.
- Inputting to, and preparing, documentation to support Consents for development, commissioning, production and decommissioning.
- Engaging additional specialists from the supply chain and / or within the company to support specific activities, where required.
- Interfacing with client engineering specialists where required.
- Driving growth and best practice in the discipline.
- Assessing environmental impacts of offshore infrastructure projects and facility operations.
- Specifying and supporting environmental survey activities.
- GHG emission calculations for projects and operations of energy infrastructure.
- Leveraging the expertise of the HSE Team to ensure ongoing NORM and waste management initiatives are cascaded into field development work.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant degree qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, within the subsea sector, would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team