Senior Electronic Design Engineer - VR/22421
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Electronic Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. The Senior Electronic Design Engineer will support the CCTV Marine and Naval Projects Group with new designs, and will help steer design processes. The post holder will lead projects, perform technical design reviews, carry out peer reviews, and check on the majority of new designs to ensure that the designs and systems are delivered to specification, time and to budget. This role would suit an experienced Electronic Design Engineer who has experience of designing CCTV cameras, subsea cameras and PCBs.
Reporting to the Assistant Engineering Manager – Marine and Naval Projects Group, the Senior Electronic Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing technical specifications for proposals and projects.
- Ensuring all schemes conform to the design intent and include necessary supporting calculations.
- Providing technical support to other engineers, Sales, Manufacturing and Customer Support.
- Being part of a team that strives to develop and improve their capabilities.
- Understanding and apply relevant design, regulatory and industry standards.
- Promoting professional engineering and design processes.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A BEng degree qualification in Electronic Engineering, or a similar technical discipline, is essential.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Senior Electronic Design Engineer type role is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to have electronic design experience related to the following:
- Circuit design.
- Embedded programming.
- PID loop and electrical motor controls.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience of setting up and developing computer networks.
- Experience with IP video management systems would be desirable.
- Familiarity with Military standards would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team