Supply Chain and Skills Manager (Renewables/Offshore Wind) - VR/26520
As Supply Chain and Skills Manager, you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing the strategy to grow the supply chain and leading the negotiation of key contractual agreements.
You’ll also lead the Supply Chain and Skills activity for the project and will build relationships with suppliers and skills providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing strategies to trigger growth in the supply chain and negotiating contractual arrangements.
- Leading supply chain activity for the project.
- Negotiating with key suppliers to achieve project objectives.
- Influencing project teams to achieve the business objectives for a project.
- Defining the key skills matrices for the project across the whole lifecycle.
- Long-term talent planning, identifying the specific talent required by the project at each stage of development, execution and operations.
- Monitoring ongoing developments in the market related to the skills and qualifications needed by the project and identifying potential shortfalls.
- Analysing market performance and determining strategies to overcome capacity constraints and providing for potential technology innovations.
- Working with education and training providers to encourage the uptake of qualifications and training required by the project.
- Engaging with industry and government through association strategy groups and skills councils to influence the skills agenda and remain abreast of industry-wide developments related to provision of skills.
- Maintaining an overview of allocated WBS document control.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience, qualifications and attributes:
- Degree educated or above, or professional qualification, in an Engineering, Commercial or Procurement discipline.
- Thorough understanding of the complex commercial and technical requirements related to supply of products/materials and services to such projects.
- Understanding of the key qualifications needed across the lifecycle of an offshore wind farm project.
- Experience of skills and supply chain development approaches for large projects.
- Ability to analyse and forecast how the supply chain and skills capability for offshore wind is likely to develop over the next decade.
- Experience in contracting in the offshore environment.
- A general technical understanding and experience of the construction process, including design, fabrication and installation in order to work effectively with Construction and Technical Services teams.
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation associated with fabrication and construction and operation of offshore projects.
- Understanding of contract law.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in multicultural environments, with the ability to enable effective discussion with international partners and ensure commercial management in a constructive manner.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to manage own workload, meet timescales and cooperate with a number of external and internal stakeholders, sometimes under tight timescales.
- Influencing skills.
- Outcome and business focused.
- Facilitates and supports creative solutions to problems.
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team