Recruitment Consultant - IT
Join an award winning team at the largest independent recruitment agency in Aberdeen. Be a part of #TMMLife.
If you have the skills and attributes we're seeking for this role, get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Main duties and responsibilities
You'll provide pivotal support to both job seekers and employers across the north east of Scotland, facilitating a match between individual skills and experience and the remit of the employer opportunity.
A typical day for a recruitment consultant could include any or all of the following:
- You’ll spend significant time on the telephone liaising with prospective job seekers and targeting new business development opportunities with employers.
- Implementing sales and marketing techniques to proactively grow your specialist area.
- Reviewing applications, arranging and conducting face to face screening interviews with the view to short-listing candidates for appropriate vacancies.
- Advising on and adding value to candidates CVs through a written commentary following their registration meeting. Briefing candidates about each role, the likely career path, remuneration and benefits associated with the job opportunity.
- Regular written and verbal communication with clients in respect of suitable applicants and the progress of the recruitment drive.
- Consulting with job seekers and clients around offers of employment as well as providing an aftercare service following a successful appointment.
- This job involves a lot of listening and talking - in person and on the phone. You'll be expected to have first class interpersonal skills and meet our quality assurance standards.
- Opportunity to participate in other business and socially responsible projects which contribute to your professional and personal development.
- There will be KPIs and set targets, providing you with guidance on where your time and energy should be spent - this should be a motivator and viewed as an opportunity to impress.
Skills and attributes
- We’re only interested in people who have a real desire to succeed, those who are always willing to ‘go the extra mile’ for our customers.
- You should enjoy getting to know new people - it’s critical that you have strong verbal and written communication skills; are comfortable talking to people and recognise the importance of building long term relationships.
- You should be resourceful, responsive, pro-active, able to work independently and use your initiative.
- Be competitive and naturally curious but also possess the ability to listen and evaluate carefully.
- Our success has been built around being customer-focused, committed to quality and exceeding our customers’ expectations. We expect these to be your priorities too.
- Two days are never the same here, so to succeed you need to be able to plan thoroughly, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure in what is a highly competitive industry. This type of environment needs to bring the best out of you.
- Honest, professional, tenacious with a positive outlook and a sense of humour! An absolute must have for our culture.
- Competent Microsoft Office skills, in particular Outlook.
You should be degree qualified with previous recruitment experience and an ability to demonstrate strong inter-personal and sales skills. A technical background is not essential but an interest in technology, IT and / or computing would be beneficial.
What's in it for you?
- With un-capped commission your earning potential is excellent. It’s great to know that all the effort you put in for your candidates and clients will mean financial reward for you.
- There’s also annual bonus potential too.
- The work is stimulating and you’ll work in a discipline where the role vacancies are diverse in terms of skill set requirements and seniority level.
- Our own people are a primary focus, providing scope for professional and personal development. We invest significantly in your training, development and working environment.
- Our benefits package includes up to 38 days holiday; a ‘YOUR time’ policy allowing for flexible working throughout the year; plus an additional day off for your birthday and if you move house.
- Career Advancement. We successfully develop our people, promoting from within. Our managing director joined as a graduate.
- A great social life. Events run throughout the year, culminating in our annual business awards dinner. Our commitment to contribute to the local community also provides rewarding experiences beyond the office.
- It's our jobs which we take seriously, not ourselves, so you'll discover that we know how to celebrate individual and team success.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team