Environmental Advisor - VR/26056
New opportunity to join an oil and gas operator who take pride in growing and developing their employees. Are you an Environmental Advisor looking for a new challenge in oil and gas? This is a permanent staff role based in Aberdeen, however, there is an ad-hoc requirement for offshore travel. Hybrid working options available also.
Reporting to the Environmental Team Lead, as the Environmental Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing a close working relationship and working proactively with the onshore and offshore teams to provide timely and accurate environmental advice.
- Supporting and promoting the environmental element of the SEMS and roll out changes to designated sites across the business.
- Proactively seeking areas for environmental performance improvement and developing sustainable efficient solutions.
- Taking lessons learned from incidents and audit findings and employ them within the designated sites and assigned Environmental Focal Point area.
- Providing support to and assure the quality of incident investigations performed by sites / operations and their compliance with the SEMS.
- Following and complying with company rules, procedures, and policies and holding others to account to do the same.
- Enabling change and continual improvement within the HSE Department and wider organisation.
- Coordinating and managing all aspects of specialist subject matter area compliance and embedding responsibilities for key actions and accountabilities within the business improving ownership across departments.
- Performance management of vendors within specialist subject matter areas.
- Working closely with asset group HSE Lead to promote proactive and consistent environmental support to the business.
- Environment focal point for assigned asset group, providing direction, support, assurance and regulatory interface.
- Engagement with operations / wells / projects / decommissioning to establish and implement management strategies for environmental issues.
- The role will be both an internal and external facing Environmental Advisor and subject matter expert in at least one of the Environmental Focal Point areas.
- Acting as focal point for regulatory inspections for assigned asset group.
- Providing direction and support to site HSE Advisors and Environment Reps as and when required.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of the environmental elements within the SEMS and participating in audits.
- Monitoring site permit compliance and coordinating permit updates / renewals.
- Monitoring and communicating operations and performance data against targets and regulatory limits.
- Developing and maintaining procedures / tools and assurance techniques to allow all sites to comply with the associated regulations and meet best practice as efficiently as possible within allocated Environmental Focal Point area.
- Monitoring environmental regulatory compliance, deadlines and commitments and tracking performance against targets and / or regulatory limits within specialist subject matter areas.
- Supporting and providing input to the environmental audit and assurance program.
- Where applicable supporting incident investigations so that lessons can be learnt and are effectively communicated across the sites.
- Providing support and providing input to corporate environmental reporting.
- Supporting delivery of the environmental element of the company annual HSE Plan, assigned asset group’s HSE Plans.
- Supporting delivery of the Annual Environmental Statement.
- Relevant degree or post graduate diploma (or equivalent) in an environmental discipline or a core science would be preferred, or considerable technical experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience as an Environmental Advisor for an offshore operator is advantageous.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK regulatory regime.
- IEMA Lead Environmental Auditor.
- OPEP Level 3.
- OPITO approved BOSIET with Compressed Air EBS.
- Investigation Training (TapRooT, Kelvin Top-Set etc.)
TMM Recruitment INDQHS email@example.com
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team