HSE Specialist - VR/26963
Join an oil and gas subsea company who are looking for a HSE Specialist on a permanent staff basis at their premises in Dyce. This role would be suited to a HSE Advisor, or a HSE Coordinator looking to take the next step in their career.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, as HSE Specialist, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Actively advising on the promotion of a positive HSE culture to serve the effective implementation of all procedures.
- Advising management on procedures to ensure that the offices, workshops, other premises and all facilities operated by the company comply with the policies and legal requirements.
- Advising line management and supervisors of HSE issues.
- Providing assistance regarding Systems of Administration to HSE Department.
- Liaising with the relevant authorities on all matters pertaining to health, safety and the environment.
- Maintaining occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS) and Environmental Management system (EMS).
- Maintenance of the HSE portal with regard to OHSMS / EMS.
- Providing training to supervisors and managers in the use of the HSE Portal and responsibilities.
- Continuously monitoring, reviewing and improving the OHSMS / EMS.
- Ensuring reviews (in line with review schedule) for OHSMS / EMS documents.
- Revising OHSMS / EMS documents as required.
- Investigating incidents and analysing trends as required as well as providing recommendations and corrective actions where required.
- Liaising with supervisors, line managers and external agencies regarding: OH&S training and course content (training profiles) and delivering HSE training as determined.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of in-house health, safety and environmental training.
- Maintaining databases and collating consultation documentation for documents contained within the OHSMS / EMS.
- Conducting internal audits / site inspections re OH policy / procedure, risk assessments and work procedures. Attending client / company / external audits as required.
- Collating documented evidence for close out of actions on investigation reports, CPAR’s and internal and external audits.
- Experience in a similar QHSE Advisor/Coordinator type role is essential.
- NEBOSH Certificate is essential.
- Valid UK drivers’ licence is essential.
- Membership of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) would be preferred.
- IRCA Approved Auditor qualification would be preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team