Commercial Advisor / Senior Commercial Advisor – VR/25198
Multiple vacancies for Commercial Advisors to join an E&P company on contracts of an initial 12-month duration. There are fantastic benefits to working with this organisation, including a compressed working week and the freedom to determine the optimum balance between home / office working, as well as the flexibility to choose when and where you work.
As Commercial Advisor, you’ll provide support for the full range of commercial activities related to the management of operated and non-operated interests and, where required, in respect of business development and exploration opportunities. This includes the administration and negotiation of joint venture and third-party contracts and agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing commercial strategies and tactical plans to develop and manage the company’s current and future business needs, ensuring wider organisational buy-in and support is achieved.
- Proactively assessing and negotiating commercial matters in the review, interpretation, negotiation and preparation of commercial matters of joint operating agreements, transportation agreements, pipeline agreements, product sales contracts, third party access requests.
- Coordinating activities of other departments to ensure that operated / non-operated field development and operational plans are properly validated and aligned with the company’s best interests.
- Preparing for and leading commercial meetings, representing the company at relevant meetings (J.V. sessions, OpComs, FinComs, etc.), ensuring best interests are protected and promoted.
- Appraising senior management of all key issues, emerging situations, strategic options, etc.
- Managing oil and gas sales contracts and ensuring the company complies with the terms and requirements of the agreements.
- Participating in industry fora and attending conferences, seminars and networking events.
- Providing advice and guidance on commercial matters to colleagues, senior management, co-ventures and external stakeholders.
- Reviewing, evaluating options for maintenance, field development, requests for expenditure, budget recommendations, etc. for non-operated interests.
- Preparing requests for expenditure and ensuring requests are aligned with budgets for approval by partners.
- Presenting proposed commercial recommendations to the Legal, Commercial Board (LCB) and undertake follow-up activities consistent with LCB guidance.
- Maintaining a high-level of awareness of commercial and fiscal developments, A&D market activities, etc. Briefing company management on all developments.
- Assisting the Legal and HSSEQ Departments to monitor all statutory requirements for a UK operator and helping to maintain the company’s licence to operate.
Applicants to these vacancies should offer experience in a similar commercial role with an operator / E&P company, ideally in the UK. A relevant degree qualification is preferred.
Other requirements include:
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and to gain a high level of professional and personal credibility internally and externally.
- Good negotiating skills practical experience of negotiating and executing oil and gas industry contracts and agreements, with sound understanding of risk / reward.
- Knowledge of applicable UK law and fiscal regime for oil and gas developments.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement / know when to ask for advice and guidance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-functional teams.
- Capable of designing, facilitating and leading / managing meetings, developing action plans, etc.
- Conversant with a range of industry-specific agreements, contractual terms, frameworks for commercial developments, etc.
- Understanding of prevailing commercial environment of UKCS namely.
- Experience in economic modelling.
- Knowledge and experience of the oil and gas industry in a technical capacity.
- Experience of strategic analysis and planning as it applies to portfolio development.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team