Contracts Analyst - Drilling, Wells & Geoscience - VR/26282
Join a major international player in the Energy industry on a contract, initially until November 2023. You’ll be responsible for the preparation, negotiation, award and monitoring the administration of contracts for works / goods / services in such a manner as to ensure the company’s best commercial interests are both served and protected, monitoring relevant markets and supporting contractor performance management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organising and controlling all process-based activities relating to onshore / offshore service contracts in assigned DWS and geoscience portfolio including strategies, pre-qualifications, tender list development, issuing ITT, analysing tenders, contract negotiations and preparing contractual documentation.
- Liaising closely with the relevant HQ Category Managers to locally deploy HQ strategies and comply with HQ process and governance.
- Actively pursuing contracting synergy opportunities for all business requirements.
- Actively contributing to the company saving program by delivery of costs savings without compromising safety or quality.
- Providing proactive and timely advice and support to internal and external stakeholders in all matters relating to the contracts function, including operating as a ‘duet’ with the technical counterpart to promote effective contract planning, management and performance.
- Utilising approved standard contract documentation and ensuring compliance with standard contracting principles during negotiations.
- Complying with all applicable contracts and procurement rules, governance and process.
- Ensuring that contractor / supplier selection is carried out in accordance with company requirements and compliance programme and that safety and environmental assessments are part of the selection process.
- Mitigating project risk through pro-active management and negotiation of contractual disputes. Supporting settlement of claims, in conjunction with senior management and legal, by proposing strategies and actions and by participating in negotiations.
- Contributing to the process of continuous improvement, including participating in and promoting Lean initiatives and adoption and sharing of best practice.
- Preparing and presenting (where required) Contracts Committee presentations.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Educated to degree level or similar and/or demonstrate competence through experience.
- Minimum of 10 years practical experience in preparation and negotiation of technical contracts.
- Ideally hold a professional qualification (CIPS or similar).
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross?functionally with other departments in a dynamic business environment.
- Capability to operate with a globally distributed network of colleagues to manage relationships and identify opportunities for synergies.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing negotiations, supplier management and contract management.
- Ability to challenge others in a constructive manner and negotiate with internal peers and other stakeholder representatives to influence decisions or ways of working.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team