Senior Subsea Surveyor - VR/27252
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Subsea Surveyor on a contract basis for an E&P Company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. It’s a project role and the contract will initially run until the end of December 2023. The company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and hybrid working opportunities will be available.
Reporting to the Lead Surveyor, the Senior Surveyor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing geotechnical assessments and advice based on the geotechnical data acquired by the company in the UKCS. Reviewing SSA documents for jack-up rigs and subsea foundation assessments for subsea structures.
- Planning and supervising acquisition of survey and positioning work scopes in compliance with legislative & regulatory requirements.
- Assisting the Lead Surveyor with the provision of survey and positioning services throughout the Company, including, but not limited to:
- Rig move positioning – generating scopes of work, HAZIDs and HIRA. Executing, reporting and closing out.
- Ensuring the capture, assessment of accuracy and completeness of positioning data that is acquired during all Subsea Team operations prior to passing it to Data Management Team.
- Providing support to DSV and CSV operations by Subsea Team – reviewing associated scopes of work, reporting and closing out.
- Providing support to AUV / ROTV subsea pipelines acoustic inspection – reviewing associated scopes of work, report and close out.
- Dimensional control surveys – generating scopes of work, HAZID and HIRA. Executing work, reporting and closing out.
- GPS continuous monitoring installations and ongoing monitoring and reporting.
- Developing the display of point cloud data for real-time use during subsea IRM and decommissioning operations.
- Providing support to the Projects and Engineering Department for the acquisition of point cloud data in air and combine with subsea data when requested.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant degree qualification in Geomatics or Geotechnical Engineering, or similar, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an E&P company / operator, would be preferred.
- Experience of working as both an onshore and an Offshore Surveyor would be preferred.
- Offshore experience at supervisor level (preferably as Offshore Manager) is essential.
- Experience with geotechnical assessments for subsea foundations (jack-up rigs and structures) is essential.
- Applicants should have knowledge of GIS and application mapping technology for the enhancement of exploration and development activities.
- Applicants should be familiar with survey and geotechnical regulatory requirements, joint-industry best practice requirements and the latest technology.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team