Subcontracts Specialist - VR/26667
Join a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services to the energy industry. The Subcontracts Specialist position is well-suited to candidates with demonstrable experience of complex EPCI projects and the knowledge to support contractual and tendering activities.
You’ll be responsible for developing and implementing procurement plans for assignments projects and will procure critical and complex good and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the establishment of the Bidders List in accordance with the Approved Vendors Lists.
- Contributing to the selection, management and performance monitoring of vendors.
- Preparing Requests for Quotations / Invitation to Tenders for goods and services in line with allocated budgets, quality and delivery targets.
- Ensuring all project subcontracts provide best value and contractual position with regards to risk evaluation, budget adherence and delivery.
- Preparing and coordinating the placement of subcontracts/purchase orders which ensure compliance with procurement strategies and project procurement plan.
- Running the project procurement plan meetings on a weekly basis.
- Organising Kick-off Meetings and attending Pre-Production Meetings with vendors.
- Tracking the weekly progress of complex/critical packages awarded to suppliers.
- Expediting orders and ensuring all documentation are received on time.
- Expediting invoices and the close-out of projects in timely manner.
- Negotiating any disputes that may arise in the supply chain.
- Managing procurement budget and providing monthly cost reports.
- Delivering briefs, updates and reports as and when required.
- Evaluating supplier performance and lessons-learned with the project team as appropriate.
- Developing ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, attributes and qualifications:
- Significant experience in a similar role and knowledge of the upstream oil and gas/renewables industry.
- Pre-and-post-award experience in EPCI environment and/or experience in supporting EPCI Tenders within SCM.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. SAP/SAP Ariba experience is desirable.
- CIPs qualification (or similar) is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop collaborative relationships at all levels across a multicultural global environment.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Numeric, with the ability to work with detail and accuracy.
- Proactive planning and organisational skills, able to identify and effectively prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities within a fast-paced 24/7 global business.
- Proactive with a solutions-based approach, willing to challenge the status quo.
- Initiative deliver workload unsupervised while flexible to support wider team activities.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team