Technical Safety Engineer - VR/19427
Currently recruiting for an experienced Technical Safety Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas Operator based in Aberdeen.
Although an onshore based position, this role will involve occasional offshore travel / visits, therefore applicants must be prepared to work offshore.
Reporting to the Technical Safety Supervisor and working within the HES Department, the Technical Safety Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting operations with hazard identification, risk assessment and technical safety advice.
- Completing incident investigations offshore.
- Delivering safety studies internally and via contractors, including with offshore visits.
- Supporting emergency response and be on-call.
- Representing the company externally and seeking / bringing back technical safety best practice, new technologies etc.
- Supporting continuous improvement of operations and technical safety.
Qualifications / Experience:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Technical Safety Engineer role, within the Oil and Gas Industry, is essential.
- Previous experience of working with a major hazard organisation is essential.
- Previous experience with incident investigations is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team