Draughtsperson - VR/19582
Currently recruiting for an experienced Draughtsperson on a permanent staff basis for an Oil & Gas company based in Aberdeen.
The Draughtsperson will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing general arrangement, machining, fabrication and proposal drawings and BOM’s in line with company standards.
- Performing dimensional checks of other Draughtsperson’s drawings to ensure they are correct and done to the required company standard.
- Creating and checking part numbers in MRP software.
- Creating and checking product datasheets.
- Revising existing drawings, datasheets and part numbers as required.
- Liaising with Mechanical Design Engineers, Machine Shop, Welding, QA and Sales Departments for verification of manufacturing drawings.
- Drafting of accurate product profiles, or 3D models, for the purposes of engineering analysis work and machine shop programming.
- Ensuring all records are kept up to date and in line with company standards.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An HNC / HND qualification in a mechanical / structural discipline is essential.
- Previous and extensive experience in a similar Draughtsperson type role, within the Oil & Gas Industry, is essential.
- Experience of working with AutoCAD is essential.
- Experience of using a CAD management system, such as Autodesk Vault, or similar, is essential.
- Experience in creating part numbers and BOM’s in MRP software is essential.
- Previous experience of working with AutoCAD Inventor would be desirable.
- Applicants will be expected to possess an excellent understanding of geometry and drawing principles, as well as machining tolerances and dimensioning principles.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team