(Senior) Commercial Specialist - VR/26255
Join a leading specialist provider of tailored, packaged subsea solutions as Commercial Specialist / Senior Commercial Specialist. Our client is going through a positive period of growth and is expanding its commercial function as a result.
In your role as (Senior) Commercial Specialist, you’ll support the business’ strategic objective of becoming commercially aware and commercially focused. You’ll provide contractual and commercial support to the Project Teams and the Commercial Department to ensure that all such projects comply with the obligations and responsibilities under the Client Contract.
You’ll also be responsible for mitigating contractual and commercial risk whilst optimising project delivery and maximising the contract to the benefit of the company. This will involve ensuring you have sound knowledge of, and adherence to, the relevant processes and governance and are always compliant with business requirements.
You’ll need to build relationships with all relevant stakeholders and consistently demonstrate behaviours and attitudes which align to and support company’s core values.
If you join as Senior Commercial Specialist, you’ll also provide support to more junior members of the Commercial Team and will be responsible for deputising for the Commercial Lead in their absence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and understanding the terms and conditions and obligations agreed to under the main contract, supporting the Project Manager with their understanding.
- Contributing to the compilation and updating of the Project Opportunity and Risk Register,
- Supporting the Project Manager with input into the commercial risk and opportunity which will flow into the monthly Project Managers Report.
- Facilitating project bonds, guarantees and insurances required by client contract,
- Reviewing the Client Cost Tracker.
- Managing contractual change with the assistance of the Project Team where required, negotiation and execution of all variation orders/amendments with client and maintaining the project variation register.
- Compiling and negotiating contractual claims in accordance with current department structure should they arise.
- Settling final account with the client and ensuring completion certificates are fully executed.
- Supporting with the client ‘lessons learned’ - reviewing performance from a commercial and contractual perspective.
- Identifying goods and services to be procured for a project, in conjunction with Projects and Procurement colleagues.
- Interfacing with other departments to develop scopes of work for inclusion in Request for Proposal (RFP) documents.
- Responsibility for commercial and contractual aspects of tendering, evaluating, negotiating, awarding, and managing all subcontracts.
- Ensuring all PO’s associated to subcontracts are raised accurately.
- Facilitating project bonds, guarantees and insurances required from subcontractors where applicable.
- Negotiating Variation Requests received from Subcontractors, executing all Subcontractor Variation Orders, and maintaining the subcontract variation register. Raising Variation Request to client on a back-to-back basis where applicable.
- Checking subcontractor invoices prior to approval by Project Manager. Negotiating any disputes on the invoices and identifying whether they are rechargeable to the client.
- Engaging with suppliers to review and evaluate performance in consultation with Internal Stakeholders, arranging regular meetings and developing appropriate performance metrics.
- Resolving disputes with suppliers through effective communication, engagement, and negotiation.
Cost Control and Commercial Performance:
- Working with the Project Controller to track and accurately forecast all costs in the company ERP system.
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of the relevant sections with the monthly Project Managers Report (PMR).
- Assisting the Project Manager with updating Risk and Opportunities which shall form part of the PMR.
- Liaising with Project Manager and Project Controller to accurately complete the monthly report for management review.
- Understanding and explaining the Project’s financial performance and any variances monthly.
The Right Candidate:
This position is well-suited to applicants with extensive experience in a commercial/contracts project environment, within the oil and gas/subsea industry. A relevant degree (e.g., Law, Business or Quantity Surveying) is preferred, though not essential.
You’ll need the following knowledge/skills:
- Knowledge in project execution.
- Sound commercial understanding and the ability to apply these to project delivery.
- Cost tracking and forecasting.
- Understanding of LOGIC and FIDIC contracting principles and can translate such contracts into subcontract arrangements.
- Ability to negotiate commercial terms.
- Competent in the use of ERP systems and Microsoft Office.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to build robust relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work to meet business requirements.
- Focused on delivery.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Strong team player.
- Demonstrates effective team participation and support of others.
What’s in it for me?
On offer is a competitive salary, a holiday entitlement of 34 days, a contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, and death in service. There is also a range of flexible benefits you can take advantage of, including the opportunity to buy additional holidays each year.
This organisation prides itself in offering career development opportunities and will work with you to realise your full personal and professional potential.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team