1st Line Support Engineer - VR/29068
Become a 1st Line Engineer on a full-time, permanent basis with an IT service company. This presents an exciting opportunity to engage in hybrid work, involving 4 days of remote work and 1 day a week dedicated to assisting a client in Aberdeen with their 1st line IT needs.
Successful candidates should possess MSP experience, particularly in supporting MS365, Windows Operating Systems, and AD Management. If you have excellent communication skills and experience working for an MSP in a 1st Line Support role, we encourage you to apply!
Purpose of Job:
You will take a supporting role in the in the management and resolution of customers technical issues, as well as taking a proactive stance in improving the managed services delivered through additional company services and effective Problem Management.
This role will be based 4 days a week remotely as part of the company’s busy service desk, with one day spent onsite with a client in the Aberdeen area.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Providing a professional and customer-focused service through the life cycle of each ticket; manage customer expectations by keeping customer informed of progress.
- Recording all IT Incidents and requests, ensuring all relevant details are captured in line with Service Desk standards.
- Prioritising calls accurately in line with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Investigating and diagnosing incidents by providing first line phone support, gathering and analysing information.
- Identifying and resolving a range of technical incidents such as hardware, software, application and networks.
- Liaising with third party suppliers, logging tickets and act as a main point of contact.
- Logging and assigning tickets and monitor workloads for the other Service Desk team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Server 2008 – 2016.
- Experience in Exchange, AD Management, and O365.
- Familiarity with Windows 7, 8, 10.
- Apple OS and Apple Mac support.
- Competence in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Backup Technologies.
- Support experience with both laptops and desktops.
- MSP background highly desirable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven client service skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team