Accountant (Inventory and Logistics) - VR/28090
Inventory Accountant required for an operator based in Aberdeen on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate will be part qualified and have an oil and gas background from either a similar role or large oil service organisation. This is a fantastic development opportunity for someone to grow and learn within the role and have access to multiple functions within the organisation. The role offers a competitive benefits package including hybrid working, flexible hours, bonus structure, pension and subsidised lunch.
The position of Inventory Accountant will be part of the Operations Accounting Team and will be based in the Aberdeen office.
- The Operations Accounting Team is seeking a part - qualified accountant to join the team, who shows initiative, is a quick learner and demonstrates a commitment to effective teamwork.
- You will be a confident communicator who can support the Supply Chain Department; providing financial advice and constructively challenge to deliver value for the function.
- The organisation has a continuous improvement culture, therefore a strong focus on learning, utilising focused training and on the job experience to enhance skills for both current and future roles.
- As a part of the Operations Accounting Team, this role is responsible for inventory and the integrity of associated account balances and their timely analysis and reconciliation.
- This is a great opportunity for someone with planning and problem-solving skills who can work independently with various stakeholders.
- The role also provides the opportunity to demonstrate initiative in identifying and implementing process improvements ensuring to deliver a fit for purpose high quality service.
- To ensure you are continually learning, growing and being challenged, this position offers a unique opportunity for a potential move into another role within the Finance Team after an agreed period to further develop a well-rounded knowledge base of the function.
Process Improvement and Communication
- Proactively identifying gaps in processes or opportunities for improvement. Working with multiple stakeholders to agree and implement an improvement plan.
- Documenting and streamlining processes so they are optimised to enable increased focus on value added activities.
- Being a self-starter who can work with key stakeholders within the Supply Chain Department and representing financial matters.
- Being accountable for validating inventory disposals including related approvals and preparing and recording related invoices to third parties.
- Ensuring compliance with SOX and internal controls through monitoring and reporting on inventory balances, partnering with cost management and supply chain colleagues to ensure accurate recording of inventory materials and ensuring existing processes are kept up to date.
- Be a confident communicator who can pro-actively monitor inventory balances and engage with supply chain on timely repair/disposal of obsolete or surplus materials.
- Having a strong attention to detail to prepare reconciliations of inventory balances to ensure accuracy and proactively bring any irregularities to resolution.
- Having a ‘can do attitude’ to support the Inventory Management Teams on annual physical counts, reviewing and validating reconciliations, verifying that count results are transacted correctly and proactively supporting any related audits.
- Being able to work independently and show initiative to maintain accounting application procedures for the inventory repair, obsolescence, capital/insurance/critical spares.
- Being an effective team player who can support the Broader Team to provide monthly drilling and production materials inventory status reports including repairs, obsolescence, scrap and write-offs.
- Having strong problem-solving skills to investigate and resolve complicated Inventory accounting issues.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
At a minimum, you have:
- You will have a related degree or equivalent experience.
- Part qualified Accountant. The company will consider a study package for those looking to qualify.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team