Accountant - VR/24409
Qualified Accountant required for oil and gas service provider based in Kintore on a permanent basis. Part qualified candidates will also be considered so long as they are experienced within the oil and gas industry or in a similar role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for the preparation and submission of the monthly income statement and fully reconciled balance sheet for pre-assigned ledgers.
- Preparation and review the monthly management reports (where relevant) and timely circulation to key stakeholders for comment.
- Full responsibility for the preparation of the quarterly compliance documentation for pre-assigned ledgers.
- Maintain frequent and robust working relationships with Operations ensuring they are receiving timely and accurate financial information to allow them to make timely decisions.
- Regarded as the principal contact for internal and external auditors for pre-assigned ledgers.
- Preparation and timely submission of the annual statutory audit pack for the ledger to the Statutory Reporting Team.
- Preparation and timely submission of the Cash Forecasts.
- Review and approve the monthly VAT return for pre-assigned ledger.
- To review and approve various cash transfers and payments both at a ledger level and wider level if required.
- To provide financial information and analysis for ad-hoc requests and actively participate in other projects where relevant.
- Monitor and review systems and procedures in relation to financial reporting.
- Previous experience working for an engineering or manufacturing company (essential).
- Experience in a SOX controls environment (desirable ++).
Skills, Training and Specialist Knowledge:
- Computer literacy (including excellent command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook & Powerpoint) (essential).
- ERP knowledge (essential).
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team