Accounting Manager - VR/27567
Accounting Manager required on a permanent basis with our client, a leading subsea service company.
Overview job description
This role reports to the Finance Director and will have staff responsibilities.
Responsibility for performance of the general accounting functions, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of financial statements and reporting. Ensuring effective and accurate indirect budgetary controls, management accounting and functional department reporting. Responsibility for timely completion of statutory audits and compliance with all accounting and tax regulations as appropriate for each reporting location.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Setting up and monitoring accounting KPIs.
- Ensuring accurate financial statements.
- Compiling and analysing financial information to ensure completeness, accuracy, valuation, and presentation of all accounts by way of intercompany analysis, accruals, reconciliations and disclosures.
- Reviewing balance sheet and identifying and resolving inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Responsible for preparing monthly internal and external reporting (including local government requirements, if applicable).
- Assisting in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and establishing best practices.
- Assisting the Finance Director in quarterly and year-end financial and SOX audit activities, including narratives and risk matrix review.
- Working with internal and external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end.
- Helping drive implementation of financial standards in the organisation.
- Assessing current practices and procedures, and making recommendations for improvements.
- Supporting impairment analysis.
- Providing recommendations to functional leadership.
- Analysing financial information detailing assets, liabilities, capital, and other reports to summarise and interpret current and projected company financial positions for other managers.
- Monitoring financial transactions to ensure proper handling of information and approving transactions within designated limits.
- Responsible for indirect tax reporting requirements, and provide support to CIT filings.
- Providing regular training and support for team members.
- Managing 1 or multiple GL business units to ensure timely completion of their tax filings and statutory audits.
- Continuing professional development with upcoming convergence or US GAAP / IFRS standards.
- Assisting Finance Regional Lead with the preparation of financial reports for management or regulatory bodies.
Applicants to this role require
- Professionally Qualified Accountant with post qualification experience.
- Good understanding of US GAAP, local GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience with SOX audits.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team.
- International experience is a plus.
What’s in it for me? (the applicant)
- Excellent career opportunities and development.
- Working in a supportive and dynamic environment.
- Hybrid working.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team