Business Analyst (finance) - Decommissioning Well Plug & Abandonment - VR/28443
Exciting long term contract requirement for a Business Analyst available. This is a newly created position to join our Energy sector client as they go through a period of change and kick off a decommissioning project. Previous experience in drilling or wells cost accounting is advantageous. Previous experience within cost control and reporting is beneficial.
Working closely with the Operational and Management Team to provide information to support performance management and decision making, duties will include:
- Collaborating closely with D&C and Decommissioning Teams to build comprehensive budgets and deliver robust monthly forecast updates.
- Providing information and highlight key issues to D&C and Decommissioning Team and Management on a routine and adhoc basis to allow them to better understand and manage costs.
- Analysing key variances from budget and previous month’s forecast and communicate these effectively to Management.
- Maintaining an awareness of commercial agreements within your scope of responsibility, accurately reflecting these in forecasts, budgets, and plans while ensuring compliance.
- Tracking costs for well plug and abandonment.
- Meeting with D&C Team regularly to review and agree costs reporting to Management Teams.
- Completing campaign reconciliations.
- Audit co-ordination for D&C and Decommissioning Team during joint venture partner audits.
- Preparing analysis and commentary for Quarterly Partner Reports.
- Preparing scenario-based cost estimates.
- Collating monthly value of work done (VOWD) estimates and critically review accrual levels to ensure that monthly financial reporting is accurate and reasonably represents the underlying business. Providing corporate reporting team with understanding of costs and activity.
- Preparing AFE’s (Internal and External).
- Feeding into the annual decommissioning cost estimate update process.
- Preparing through to sign off on half yearly PRT accrual justification.
- Co-ordinating and providing input into annual budget process.
This role requires:
- Robust analytical skills and the ability to prioritise and focus on the important issues.
- Good working knowledge of the oil and gas exploration and production industry.
- Experience with Maximo, Wellview, Enterprise One and Microsoft Office applications would be advantageous.
- Prior involvement in decommissioning well plug and abandonment campaigns is a plus.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team