Business Development Manager - VR/23549
TMM Recruitment is exclusively supporting Subsea UK with the appointment of a Business Development Manager, on a permanent basis.
Subsea UK is transitioning into The Global Underwater Hub (GUH), a new strategically-focused, intelligence-led organisation that aims to transform the UK’s underwater industry into one of the largest and fastest-growing industries in the country.
The Business Development Manager’s primary responsibility is securing new service users (members and partners) from across the respective sub-sectors, and securing partnership agreements with complementary service providers. These activities will be particularly important in the early stages of the new GUH organisation as new partners and new service users need to be attracted from across the UK, and across multiple sectors.
Get in touch with the team for a confidential chat and to discuss in more detail.
Led and governed by industry, the GUH will represent, promote and support all sectors of the underwater industry by providing companies with the market information, connections and access to specialist expertise that they need to grow.
In addition, the role has responsibility for supporting the maintenance of strong relationships with existing members and partners and ensuring long term mutually beneficial partnerships are maintained with these member organisations.
The role will be Aberdeen based and will also have responsibility for delivering all required business development activities supporting the regional office locations in the North and South of England. The BD Manager will work with the local management and teams in these locations to deliver on the organisations regional business development objectives. As such regular travel to these locations will be an essential requirement of the role.
Other key role responsibilities include supporting, developing and managing a range of internal and external activities such as leading on new and existing member engagement activities, supporting the delivery of events, supporting communications activities and initiatives and utilising and providing market insight gleaned from member organisations and specialist sector and project activity.
This is a key role that is central to meeting GUH operational performance and financial targets.
- Securing new service users (members and partners) from across the respective blue economy sub-sectors, and also securing appropriate partnership agreements with complimentary service providers.
- Identifying and pursuing new Business Development opportunities wherever possible.
- Managing the day-to-day relationships with existing member companies and representatives maintaining good open communications with all members and building on existing relationships.
- Promoting the value proposition of membership and play a leading role in new business development, membership recruitment and retention.
- Managing and driving membership renewals and ensuring full and proper maintenance of membership records and internal membership databases are managed via departmental administrative support resources including management and ownership of ACT (the Company CRM system).
- Ensuring that needs and expectations of the membership are fully understood, and any required customisation or adjustment to GUH support and services is implemented.
- Ensuring that existing and potential new members key drivers, organisation and current plans are known, understood and shared within the wider GUH organisation.
- Providing data gleaned from existing, new and prospective members to support business cases and initiatives.
- Working closely with the local management and teams in the regional office locations to deliver on the organisations regional business development objectives.
- Working closely with the Communications Team to ensure timely, accurate and informed communications, member engagement and media management activities are maintained and delivered at all times.
- Working closely with the Commercial team, Relationship Managers and sector specialists in order to ensure that organisational strategies are aligned, and providing relevant data input from market intelligence gained via membership as appropriate.
- Other duties as directed by the Operations Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience in an operations, marketing or business-related discipline.
- Strategic and operational experience within relationship management.
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role/environment.
- Knowledge and experience of underwater business environments.
- Has proven ability to interact and develop respect with a broad range of stakeholders and senior level management.
- Ability to act as the main relationship management contact for the GUH membership.
- Coordinate and deliver membership relationship management activities across the GUH organisation.
- Ability to establish and implement GUH business development and relationship management plan for existing and potential new member organisations across the Subsea sector.
- Ability to represent and build relations at trade fairs and GUH customer events.
- Shaping and safeguarding of internal relationship management/BD agenda.
- Can demonstrate a track record of successful project delivery, on time and budget.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Willing and able to travel within the UK and internationally as required.
- Personal computer proficiency, Microsoft Office 365 skills essential.
- Has proven ability to interact and develop respect with and range of stakeholders and senior level management.
- Has the proven ability to facilitate and support collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Is strategically aware but action orientated.
- Is a proven self-starter, capable of working under own direction.
- Commands respect from peers and demonstrates the ability to lead, motivate and develop diverse staff.
- High level of integrity and discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team