Business Systems Focal Point - VR/21543
Currently recruiting for an experienced Business Systems Focal Point on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Dyce, Aberdeen. As part of this wide-ranging role, the Business Systems Focal Point will support all modules of iLMS (integrated Logistics Management System) and will develop expertise in one or more modules. Duties will include specifying the business process, designing improvements and changes, supplier management, deployments, training, support and documentation. Their ideal candidate will have strong presentation skills and will be able to promote the full benefits of the iLMS solution to new and existing customers, as well as deliver training, in both the business process and the adoption of the iLMS solution. The successful candidate will be required to have a strong understanding of project management, process analysis, process capture, quality systems, process design, continuous improvement and Lean6Sigma methodology.
The Business Systems Focal Point will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
Design, Development, Deployment and Support:
- Leading the project plans, ensuring that actions are agreed with key stakeholders and are allocated as SMART objectives for the Project team.
- Ensuring the effective application of project management principles and reporting.
- Leading business process improvement methodology; undertaking reviews of current company / client practices to gain a comprehensive understanding of business requirements and processes. Document and analyse the current practice, identifying value and value leakage, identifying root causes of value leakage, and gathering data to support the analysis.
- Identifying best practice in materials management and driving to embed this into the design of new client solutions and existing offerings.
- Identifying what steps are critical to quality – leading the identification of business value analysis.
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of how solutions fit with the company and their clients. Influencing the organisation, clients and clients' supply chain to realise new supply chain solutions.
- Ensuring development of policies, procedures, measurement tools and applicable training materials to support process improvement initiatives.
- Defining what is required to build efficient processes and determine how this will be executed.
- Identifying appropriate metrics and measures at the process and business levels; building auto-collection of data into the process architecture, specify reporting requirements and overseeing the development and implementation of key performance indicators.
- Working closely with clients, colleagues and vendors to ensure a full understanding of requirements, scope of work and individual responsibilities.
- Incorporating plan amendments and communicating to client and Project team.
- Ensuring regular communication and reporting to the Project Sponsor and Senior Management.
- Promoting and implementing the visions and values of the business, driving people engagement.
- Providing guidance and support to direct reports and team members to ensure the effective and timely resolution of issues.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant discipline / subject is preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Business Systems / Applications Focal Point type role is essential.
- Demonstrable practical experience in a similar role - including the management of improvement projects, process mapping, analysis and design - is essential.
- Experience in the design and development of business solutions is essential.
- Experience with Lean6Sigma techniques and tools is essential.
- Experience of devising / implementing 'management of improvement' projects is essential.
- Experience with the delivery of system integration, user & site acceptance testing and user experience definition is essential.
- Experience across the Microsoft suite and practical experience with ERP systems is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team