Business Unit Cost & Finance Supervisor - VR/23930
Leading international energy services company has 2 openings for a Business Cost and Finance Supervisor, one contract and the other permanent. Will suit candidates with relevant experience who are highly motivated with strong communication skills. Very attractive benefits package and flexible working on offer.
Overview job description
Responsibility for the daily financial management of an assigned Business Unit, providing financial support to the Business Unit Director and support the project cost accounting function in the management and development of team personnel, systems, processes and procedures.
The role is ideal for a highly motivated individual who can engage with the team and wider project functions, working collaboratively to deliver high quality Cost Control, Forecasting and Financial Reporting.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Daily supervision of project controllers within the project hub.
- Supporting the Business Unit Director and pool of Project Managers in all aspects of project and portfolio finance.
- Assisting in the resolution of queries or issues arising from projects with other internal business streams.
- Quality and technical check on all projects.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reporting and any ad-hoc reporting following UK and / or executive management review.
- Liaising with Management Accounting Team on monthly reporting and budgets etc.
- Investigating significant variances within projects.
- Ensuring compliance with the corporate accounting policies and practice on projects.
- Co-ordinating internal audits, client audits and external audits.
- Ensuring project cash flows are robust.
- Supporting compliance activities for foreign sector work.
- Ensuring delivery to timetable within the project hub.
- Supporting the training, development and recruitment of personnel.
- Supporting the resourcing requirements of projects and function.
- Supporting the development of processes, procedures and systems.
Applicants to this role require
- Candidates should be educated to degree level in accounting and finance or business related subject.
- Strong knowledge and working use of SAP.
- Proficient in the use of IT applications including Microsoft Excel.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team