Buyer (12-months) - VR/26831
Experienced Buyer required for a 12-month contract with a provider of integrated services to the energy sector. This organisation offers a hybrid working arrangement and a 9-day fortnight.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Lead, the Buyer is responsible for the procurement of required goods and services, for project specific and business requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sourcing suppliers suitable for current and potential future requirements; developing strong working relationships and updating the approved vendor list (AVL) with all new suppliers.
- Monitoring existing purchasing procedures to ensure that the procurement process is effective and identifying any procedural improvements.
- Negotiating the best possible price whilst ensuring vendors can arrange accurate and timely delivery.
- Processing requisitions, RFQs, quotes and the issue of purchase orders to suppliers, for both Materials and Service Orders (in SAP and IFS).
- Updating and maintaining in house Material Management systems.
- Co-ordinating kick off meetings.
- Managing Asset Procurement Status Reporting.
- Tracking hires.
- Invoicing queries.
- Expediting orders to ensure that all promised delivery times from approved vendors are monitored and met.
- Internal expediting of PRF’s/ POs/cost codes/vendor credit forms.
- Assisting with qualifications on terms and conditions.
- Updating and maintaining PSR.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience and skills:
- Proven experience in a similar position within the oil and gas industry.
- Previous project experience desired.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Team Working.
- Exceptional organisation and problem-solving skills.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team