Buyer/Procurement Specialist - VR/27965
Join a leading subsea engineering business with the goal of revolutionising the market with innovative solutions for the offshore industry. This role is well-suited to applicants with significant experience of working in a fast-paced procurement environment.
In your role as Procurement Specialist, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Procurement Department.
Duties will include:
- Obtaining supplier quotations and creating/placing purchase orders (POs).
- Building and maintaining positive supplier relationships to ensure effective and efficient delivery.
- Regular communication with suppliers and managing the approved vendors list (AVL).
- Supporting technical queries from vendors.
- Managing subcontract negotiations and source selection.
- Leading vendor meetings (on and off-site).
- Ensuring compliance of subcontract paperwork, particularly with QA requirements.
- Reporting on vendor quality, including trend analysis of non-conformances.
- Expediting the delivery of goods from vendors as required.
- Regularly updating Procurement Status Reports.
- Administering all relevant documentation and certification for purchasing.
- Providing weekly spend reports to senior management.
- Leading monthly meetings with QA and HSEQ Departments to review vendor performances and AVL.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experience of working in a similar procurement role, ideally in the oil and gas sector.
- A track record of working in a fast-paced environment and interacting with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work in a team environment and have a conscientious, positive and enthusiastic approach to work, maintaining good working relationships with colleagues, clients, suppliers and visitors.
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work unsupervised, with a flexible and adaptable approach and an ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills are essential, along with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A professional approach, with an excellent eye for detail and a persistent demeanour to ensure ongoing issues reach a conclusion.
- Comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and familiarisation of engineering drawings.
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with ERP systems.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team