Category Manager - VR/27893
As Category Manager, you’ll play a key role within the organisation’s procurement, ensuring the purchasing of materials is carried out in an efficient, effective and professional manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acting as the commercial and procurement expert for assigned categories.
- Continuously monitoring the market for supplier pricing, capacity, new products, and potential new sources of supply.
- Developing robust sourcing strategies all products allocated to the category portfolio.
- Managing supplier performance and address issues of underperformance through review of monthly supplier reports and through regular, documented supplier management meetings.
- Establishing supplier selection criteria, manage the RFI/RFP/RFQ process and evaluating and selecting appropriate suppliers for the materials and services to be purchased.
- Ensuring all requisitions and pricing requests are processed in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Issuing, analysing and evaluating all tenders with regard to commercial and contractual issues while adequately addressing any technical issues/evaluation to Technical Department.
- Issuing purchase orders in a timely and cost-efficient manner, within limits of financial authority.
- Ensuring all purchase orders meet the requirements of and protect the interests of the organisation, are legally binding and cover all relevant terms and conditions.
- Continuously monitoring all confirmed orders with suppliers, ensuring on time delivery and supporting the Expeditor as and when required.
- Ensuring all invoice queries are processed and approved, in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all NCRs and CIFs are actioned and closed out in a timely manner.
- Supervising purchasing personnel, including performance reviews, objective setting and the identification of training and development needs.
- Ensuring all staff are provided with product, process and purchasing skills in order to deliver the highest standard of procurement including PDP where appropriate.
- Effectively managing and updating Buyer portfolios.
- Developing, monitoring and achieving Purchasing Department targets and KPIs.
- Participating and assisting with internal and external audits.
- Promoting a strong “team” environment and a culture of continuous improvement throughout the department.
- Support business improvement / cost reduction initiatives.
- Collaborating effectively and be an inspirational leader to influence others in a constructive and positive manner.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience, and knowledge:
- Significant experience working in a Procurement environment, with a knowledge of a variety of purchasing methods and procedures.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred, as is a general understanding of contract law and purchasing T&Cs.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to plan and organise a busy workload.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft software.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team