Category Specialist (Rotating Equipment) - VR/21546
Category Specialist with a focus on rotating equipment contracts required to join a major oil and gas operator based in Dyce. This is offered on a PAYE rolling contract basis.
The Category Specialist will participate the development and execution of sourcing initiatives and strategies in alignment with applicable market sector and commodity strategies.
The role includes understanding the local business objectives and desired outcomes, engaging internal customers, understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities, building supplier relationships in order to achieve superior supplier performance, negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, and the measurement / reporting of the value delivered.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the relevant market sector and commodity managers to implement sourcing processes ensuring delivery of business plans and market sector / commodity strategies.
- Developing sourcing strategies in alignment with applicable market sector / commodity strategies and specific business objectives (both local and global).
- Understanding business requirements for third party goods and services.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of relevant supply market places.
- Engaging the business and provide guidance on PSCM process and risk management.
- Managing supplier relationships, engagement and involvement.
- Leading the full sourcing process which includes development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and contract execution.
- Providing on-going contract cost management and risk assessment.
- Championing and supporting the deployment of the appropriate purchase to pay solution.
- Ensuring the PSCM common processes are implemented, used and continually improved.
- Coaching less experienced PSCM staff.
- Participating in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned.
- Interfacing where relevant with the Indirect Procurement Operations Centre.
- Effective utilisation of IP Procurement Operations Center to deliver sourcing activities.
- Working closely with Service Delivery Leads and Service Delivery Coordinators to assure sourcing delivery to the business stakeholders.
Applicants to this role should offer previous experience in a similar role, with particular focus on strategic sourcing. Experience / knowledge of rotating equipment is preferred, but not essential.
You will ideally have experience within an oil and gas operator environment.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team