Charity Manager - VR/23034
Are you an experienced Charity Manager with the passion and drive to develop a small organisation? Are you ready to build a team and expand the current business? Supporting this local charity, you could do just that! This role can be worked remotely and / or between the Aberdeenshire office. Candidates should be passionate, ready to expand on the current work of the charity and have the drive and enthusiasm to expand the organisation. There is a real opportunity here for total autonomy and the chance to build and develop over time.
Responsible for the day to day running of the charity, working with 5 trustees with common goal of maximising charity funds to enable the support of families across Scotland where there is a child with a terminal illness.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organising all aspects of charity fundraising events including securing sponsors and promoting events to increase entry registrations, to ensure success of the event and maximise funds raised on the day.
- Liaising with event organisers for affiliated events, actively promoting the event to fill charity places and attending event to support participants and raise charity awareness.
- Continuously looking at alternative options for charity funding through research and completing applications for grants and charitable foundations where eligible.
- Managing relationships with charity of the year companies, including attending regular meetings and presenting lunch and learn sessions.
- Attending cheque presentations and photo shoots with local groups / organisations.
- Working with schools for YPI initiative, meeting with groups of pupils to provide charity information, support and guide through development of presentation and attend finals if successful.
- Attending and actively contributing to monthly charity meetings to support fundraising events and day to day running of the charity.
- Keeping accurate track of charity funding through analysing fundraising portal reports.
- Building relationships with local press, writing and submitting press releases for forthcoming events/subjects of interest.
- Maintaining adequate supply of charity stock and consumables to ensure ability to support fundraising events and supporters.
- Additionally, general office administration including supporting individual fundraisers, updating website and social media pages with current fundraising / charity news.
Applicants to this role require
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to build strong working relationships with charity associates.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise workload accordingly.
- Display a flexible approach to work.
- Able to support the team in a positive manner.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team