Commercial Advisor - VR/22167
Commercial Advisor required to join an oil and gas exploration company operating in the North Sea. This role is initially offered on a 6-month contract basis.
As Commercial Advisor, you will provide a full range of commercial support in matters pertaining to the delivery of asset strategies, new business opportunities, performance measurement targets and commercial compliance. This will include the day-to-day administration of existing contractual and regulatory arrangements relating to business infrastructure/assets. You will be fundamental in enabling change and continual improvement across the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advising and managing commercial and contractual obligations of existing agreements, including, but not limited to, joint operating agreements, construction and tie in agreements, transportation and processing agreements, pipeline system agreements, proximity and product sales agreements.
- Negotiating new commercial agreements with appropriate level of support and in accordance with Industry Code of Practice.
- Ensuring commercial obligations in favour of the company and for the benefit of third parties are maintained and delivered in a timely manner consistent with contractual terms.
- Providing the commercial expertise and services required to support and deliver the asset strategies and performance contract of the relevant asset area.
- Liaising with joint venture partners, infrastructure owners, third party field owners, new business partners, regulators and industry bodies as required in the implementation and development of commercial agreements.
- Identifying and capturing business opportunities in support of asset strategies, including third party tieback options.
- Interfacing with senior staff providing relevant proposals and status updates to facilitate decision making and business progress.
- Ensuring the timely performance of all compliance obligations for the asset related to operation, transportation and processing of oil, gas, water and electricity (including reporting, forecasting, shutdown planning and co-ordination of internal/external information).
- Engaging with internal stakeholders on the terms of new commercial agreements and ensure controls are put in place to accurately reflect obligations and support compliance.
- Supporting joint venture management activities and represent the company on commercial matters, including non-operated portfolio and/or decommissioning assets.
- Supporting internal planning processes, advising on key commercial and contractual matters that will impact future planning and forecasting.
- Supporting commercial functional objectives, knowledge sharing, networking and open-minded application of lessons learned from previous experience.
Applicants to this position will ideally be degree qualified in a financial, business or engineering-based discipline, or offer considerable experience in a similar role. You should bring good UK sector industry knowledge and experience of negotiating contracts and agreements, as well as conducting economic valuations of existing and new opportunities.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team