Commercial Advisor - VR/27337
Join an independent energy company, operating critical midstream infrastructure. As Commercial Advisor, you’ll lead the delivery of commercial activities for existing business, as well as the development and negotiation of new agreements for the delivery of business objectives, including net-zero activities.
Your Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in securing new business and support the preparation of responses to third-party requests for service.
- Assisting the Commercial Director in the management of existing commercial obligations and any contractual disputes, seeking to maximise value from the commercial structure and agreements.
- Managing negotiations with shippers and third parties, including the development and execution of the initial confidentiality, study, proximity and crossing agreements and supporting/leading the agreements required to secure new business.
- Assisting with the development of agreements to support the delivery of net zero activities.
- Managing customer and joint venture relationships to gain insight into any changes in activity plans which may influence the company business plan and to identify new business opportunities.
- Providing guidance to contract administrator on managing compliance with obligations under existing commercial agreements, including decommissioning security provisions, annual capacity bookings and tariff calculations.
- Supporting the organisation and running of JV, shipper and other third-party external meetings.
- Providing input to support the creation of the company annual plan and budget.
- Assisting with the preparation of appropriate reports, plans and presentations to support performance delivery of commercial activities.
- Supporting ad-hoc economic and financial analysis to evaluate potential business options.
- Developing and documenting business cases to support decision making.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Professional qualification within a technical or commercial discipline.
- Demonstrable experience in contract management, negotiation, and economic analysis within the oil and gas industry.
- Strong preference for someone who has experience of midstream and/or upstream assets within an operator environment.
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent people and communication skills both internally and externally and ability to operate at senior executive level.
- Skilled at explaining complex issues to audiences at all levels and across different disciplines.
- Apply sound commercial principles and be able to evaluate incomplete and / or conflicting information, reach sound conclusions, make decisions, and act accordingly.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team