Commercial Advisor - VR/28473
Experienced Commercial Advisor required to join an E&P company in Aberdeen on a contract basis, for an initial duration of 2 years.
As Commercial Advisor, you’ll provide support to a full range of commercial activities related to the management of the company’s operated and non-operated interests and, where required, in respect of business development and exploration opportunities. This includes the administration and negotiation of joint venture agreements (including Decommissioning Security Agreements) and third-party contracts and agreements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviewing, interpreting, negotiating and preparing commercial matters – e.g. joint operating agreements, transportation agreements, pipeline agreements, decommissioning security agreements, product sales contracts, third party access requests.
- Ensuring senior management are fully appraised of all key issues, emerging situations, strategic options, etc. Presenting on these issues and proposing a suitable path forward.
- Working closely with other departments e.g. Operations, Development Engineering, Engineering and Subsea to ensure that operated/non-operated field development and operational plans are properly validated and aligned with the company’s best interests and that the operator is applying sound operating and maintenance procedures.
- Working closely with other members of the Commercial Team to develop and implement commercial strategies and tactical plans to develop and manage the company’s current and future business.
- Providing advice and guidance on commercial matters to colleagues, senior management/co-ventures’/external stakeholders.
- Representing the company at relevant external meetings (J.V. sessions, OpComs, FinComs, etc.) – ensuring the company’s best interests are protected and promoted. Preparing meeting notes, document discussions, key activity and recommendations.
- Preparing requests for expenditure and ensuring requests are aligned with budgets for approval by partners and works with partner group to gain support of same.
- Providing input to e.g., the business plan, asset plans and annual budgets – and, where appropriate, works with partner group to gain support of same.
- Preparing and presenting proposed commercial recommendations to Legal, Commercial Board (LCB) and undertake follow-up activities consistent with LCB guidance.
- Maintaining a high level of awareness of commercial and fiscal developments, A&D market activities, etc. and ensuring company management are properly briefed on all developments.
- Participating in industry fora, attending conferences, seminars, and networking events to ensure the company maintains appropriate representation within the industry.
- Maintaining a risk and obligations register relating to all commercial activities.
- Assisting Legal and HSSEQ Departments to monitor all statutory requirements for a UK operator and helping maintain the company’s licence to operate.
- Supporting delivery of business efficiency initiatives.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a business, technical or engineering discipline.
- Able to exercise sound judgement/know when to ask for advice and guidance.
- Proactive and driven.
- Good communication/presentation skills.
- Knowledge and experience of the oil and gas industry – ideally in a commercially focused role with an Operator in the UK oil and gas industry.
- Relationship builder with networking capability.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-functional teams.
- Must be numerate and comfortable with extensive use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Proven ability to “design” meetings/action plans.
- Conversant with industry-specific agreements, contractual terms, commercial developments, etc.
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and to gain a high level of professional and personal credibility – internally and externally.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of applicable UK law and fiscal regime for oil and gas developments.
- Experience of negotiating and executing oil and gas industry contracts and agreements, performing economic analysis, business modelling tools/techniques.
- Evidence of creative thinking with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.
- Understanding of prevailing commercial environment of UKCS – namely:
- Commercial Code of Practice.
- Code of Practice governing Infrastructure Access and associated industry guidance notes.
- DECC Guidance for determining terms of Access.
- Role of Commercial Champion.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team