Commercial Director - VR/26044
Join a leading engineering and maintenance provider, with extensive experience in offshore and onshore facilities; specialising in asset management services throughout all life cycle phases from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, operations, maintenance, and decommissioning.
In your role as Commercial Director, you’ll be responsible for leading the commercial activities within the Offshore Services division in support of the operation delivery to enable the business to be profitable and grow in line with the business strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the Commercial team in support of the operational delivery for the Offshore Services division to:
- Deliver performance to budgeted figures and above.
- Incrementally improve profitability.
- Deliver predictable and understood margins.
- Risks and potential loss-making areas are identified and mitigated.
- Responsibility for contractual and commercial relationships with customers, partners and sub-contractors ensuring that:
- All contract terms and conditions are robust and fair to all parties.
- Key commercial processes are consistently implemented across all areas of the business.
- Best overall value is obtained cost and performance are in balance.
- Regular reviews are implemented to identify changes and variations to improve contract profitability.
- Adherence is monitored and corrected through robust audit procedures.
- All commercial activities are undertaken in accordance with corporate standards and best practice, and offer best value for the business.
- Responsibility for supporting business development activity ensuring that:
- Opportunities for business growth are pursued in line with agreed business strategy.
- Tenders produced are of high quality and are in accordance with local and corporate authority levels.
- Customer engagement and pursuit is planned effectively to maximise growth opportunity on existing and new contracts.
- Proactive involvement in setting the business strategy with the Offshore Services leadership team, organising regular reviews and facilitating regular progress sessions with the strategy teams.
- Controlling and monitoring performance through use of measurement and data across the Offshore Services business:
- Appropriate key metrics and performance indicators are applied.
- Improvement opportunities, risks and issues highlighted to enable prompt correction.
- Leading the delivery of tight project controls where planning and cost control are utilised to deliver enhanced reporting and performance.
- Ensuring all contracts maximise value and charge all work in line with the agreed commercial mechanisms.
- Managing bid and estimate preparation through clear processes involving high levels of interaction with operations and apply feedback/improvement reviews to improve the win rate.
- Ensuring all direct reports adhere to quality processes and company procedures, taking appropriate action in case on non-compliance.
- Demonstrating active safety leadership by:
- Taking accountability for safety performance of the business.
- Actively leading safety interventions and site audits/visits.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience within a similar senior role.
- Familiar with organising and leading commercial activities across multi discipline services.
- Experience in successfully growing profitable businesses.
- Degree in Business Management, Quantity Surveying or similar field.
- Strong leadership.
- Commercial thinker.
- Strategic approach.
- Ability to work under pressure.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team