Contract Specialist/Senior Contract Specialist - VR/28492
Join a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the energy industry. As Contracts Specialist, you’ll primarily be responsible for providing efficient, cost-effective, and value-adding procurement and contract management support to the organisation.
This is a complex role within an operational environment with responsibility for a broad range of high complexity/criticality products and services including, but not limited to, major CAPEX projects, vessel technical stops, modifications, upgrades, and dry dockings.
Due to the nature of the role, occasional domestic and international travel to operational worksites may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing procurement strategies and developing package summaries and/or procurement plans where required.
- Identifying gaps in the supply chain availability and establish Frame and Enabling Agreements where appropriate.
- Upholding the company’s competitive bidding principles, as well as the supplier registration, qualification, screening, and due diligence principles.
- Preparing and issuing Request for Quotations (RFQs) and gathering any required information from the wider business – e.g., scopes of work, specifications and HSEQ requirements. Managing any associated clarifications.
- Completing commercial evaluation of supplier responses to RFQs to ensure best value. Ensuring that Technical, HSE and Quality evaluations are also completed.
- Producing Supplier and Commitment Approvals (SCA) forms and making recommendations for award.
- Negotiating payment milestones in contracts to ensure a positive, or at least, neutral cash flow position the company.
- Identifying credit risks and implementing mitigation measures, such as requesting financial security.
- Understanding the company’s global insurance programme and specific insurance requirements for work orders and purchase orders.
- Ensuring tax implications are considered and assessed with support from the Corporate Tax Department.
- Interpreting supplier qualifications and exceptions to the company’s standard terms and conditions, understanding the risks, and negotiating a favourable position.
- Reviewing, qualifying, and negotiating bespoke or non-standard terms and conditions, including drafting special conditions to achieve the most favourable outcome.
- Drafting purchase orders, contractual summaries, and hand-over documents, ensuring that internal stakeholders are aware of the company’s rights and obligations.
- Delivering kick-off meetings, ensuring suppliers fully understand their obligations and that key milestones and deliverables are achieved.
- Demonstrating effective contract management, project control and reporting.
- Identifying potential change and applying company change management procedures.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to identify, evaluate, monitor and mitigate the impact of identified risks and their effect on cost, quality and schedule and other projects, work orders and purchase orders.
- Effective management and negotiation of Variation Order Requests (VORs).
- Drafting Variation Orders (VOs) and amendments.
- Effective management and negotiation of contractual issues, claims and disputes, escalating to management where required.
- Building and maintaining productive working relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Preference for a degree level qualification in a Quantity Surveying (QS), Legal, or Business Management discipline.
- Experience working in a similar role in the construction, marine, subsea or offshore sector.
- Adopts a positive hands-on approach.
- Sound contractual knowledge and ability to problem solve.
- Commercially aware and credible.
- Possesses an eye for detail with an ability to produce work of a high quality.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Demonstrates an ability to coordinate workload and prioritise according to business needs.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive setting which expects the highest levels of confidentiality and ethical behaviour.
- High degree of computer literacy and good general knowledge of information management tools, with a particular emphasis on the SAP suite of products.
What’s on offer?
- Career development with access to a range of learning and development opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development.
- Flexible/hybrid working.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave/adoption leave.
- A fantastic benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, discounted health and wellbeing packages, electric car salary sacrifice scheme and more.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team