Contracts Engineer - VR/25478
An opportunity for a Contracts Engineer to join an organisation providing specialist well-abandonment services to the oil and gas industry.
In your role as Contracts Engineer, you’ll be involved in all aspects of the procurement process from strategy setting, through to contract award, and contract management, with focus on proactive contractor performance management in order to realise optimal value from the supply chain.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Working with key stakeholders to develop strategies for specific abandonment programmes.
- Developing and managing contract plans.
- Supporting / leading the tendering, evaluation and negotiation process in relation to the award of contracts. Making recommendations to management on contractor selection and contract award in accordance with the approved contracting strategy.
- Developing Invitation-to-Tender (ITT) packages and preparing detailed quantitative and qualitative evaluation of tenders, including assessment of contract risk.
- Directing contractual and commercial negotiations in accordance with contracting principles, ensuring risk mitigation and commercial optimisation.
- Ensuring effective management of contractors for abandonment projects in all stages of the project life-cycle and delivering the overall project performance targets.
- Assisting with key contractor performance and relationship management, including frequent performance feedback sessions, agreeing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), implementing ‘lessons learned’ and continuous improvement.
- Identifying opportunities to create value, cost reductions and improve service delivery across the business through effective contract management techniques.
- Preparation and administration of contract documents, including Contract Summaries, Amendments and Variation Orders (VOs).
- Providing advice and guidance to management on procurement and other supply chain matters.
- Providing support in negotiations in relation to contract dispute resolution.
- Working with the Engineering / Projects team to define a clear financial understanding in terms of costs, accruals, commitments, VOs and uncertainty.
- Working with Material Controllers to ensure that all appropriate services and supplies are in place for the successful execution of the work.
Applicants to this position should offer a proven track record of value delivery in a similar contracts role within the oil & gas industry. You should be able to derive added value from contractors, contain procurement costs, and mitigate exposure to risk.
A relevant qualification (Legal/QS/CIPS) is preferred. The successful candidate will be a strong negotiator with excellent influencing and project management skills.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team