Contracts Specialist - VR/26001
Opportunity for a Contracts Specialist to join an organisation providing innovative services and technologies to the offshore energy industry. Our client is based in the Kingswells area of Aberdeen and promotes a hybrid working arrangement.
As Contracts Specialist, you will be responsible for the commercial and contractual management relating to a prime / main contract during the acquisition, project execution and project close-out phases.
You’ll have 2 main areas of focus. The first being the review, qualification and negotiation of client-issued contracts during the tendering phase. Secondly, contract management support on live oil and gas and / or renewables projects.
This role will interface directly with clients on contractual matters and with senior management on a day-to-day basis in relation to forming negotiation strategies, seeking deviation approvals and outlining key risks within the project sphere.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and qualifying client-issued contracts at tender stage in compliance with contracting principles in order to identify risks and safeguard the contractual and commercial position of the company.
- Liaising with the Legal and Finance Department for the review of client requirements in relation to the arrangement and administration of all project bonds, guarantees and insurances in accordance with main contract obligations.
- Liaising with and presenting contractual strategies to senior management and legal representative during the tender stage.
- Participating in and / or leading the contractual negotiation with clients during the tender stage and providing salient feedback to senior management on outcomes.
- Providing high-quality commercial and contractual advice to project management and business unit management.
- Participating in and / or leading internal and external project meetings dealing with contractual / commercial issues and disputes.
- Proactively managing the change/variation process with clients.
- Ensuring rigorous standards are set and maintained in terms of quality of formal project correspondence and communication tracking, hereunder drafting of contractual documents such as variations, side letters, amendments and addendums.
- Liaising with the Supply Chain Specialist in relation to all pre-and-post-award SCM activities, to ensure key and mandatory flow downs from the prime / main contract with the client are achieved and ensure the company is adequately protected against claims and variations from subcontractors.
- Fostering a culture of commercial mindset, risk mitigation and optimisation of opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have established, demonstrable experience in the interpretation, qualification and negotiation of contractual documentation and the implementation of contractual and commercial strategies in support of both tendering and operational matters in the offshore energy markets.
Our client is also seeking a candidate with the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level, preferably legal and / or quantity surveying.
- Experience working within a similar role in the offshore energy sector, preferably within the subsea sector.
- Experience with relevant industry standard contracts.
- Technical knowledge and understanding may be an advantage, but not a pre-requisite.
- Sound contractual knowledge and analytical skills with a commercial awareness are essential together with an eye for detail and the ability to problem-solve.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work efficiently as an individual as well as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Possess an eye for detail with an ability to produce work of a high standard and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment that also requires the need for confidentiality and ethical behaviour.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team