Contracts Specialist - VR/26448
Opportunity for a Contracts Specialist to join our client, a global leader in the energy industry, specialised in subsea and surface technologies integrated projects, products, and services.
As Contracts Specialist, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Commercial and contractual aspects of tendering, negotiating, awarding, and managing all contracts and major purchase orders. Interfacing with department Managers, Project Managers, Project Engineers to develop scopes.
- Maintaining effective compliance to BMS in accordance with company procedures and systems including risk and opportunity sensitivities.
- Arranging all project bonds, guarantees and insurances as required.
- Providing commercial and contractual advice to department managers and Project Management teams.
- Liaising with Project Managers and Project Engineers leading to negotiation and execution of all variation orders with contractors.
- Highlighting any major commercial or contractual risks or issues to the relevant managers and working with them to ensure optimum solution.
- Project close-out activities: ensuring signature of acceptance, performance feedbacks and satisfactory monitoring of bonds / warranty etc.
- Assisting Contracts Team Lead in identifying and implementing business improvements.
- Reviewing and updating the Procurement Register.
- Coordinating and delivering department initiatives as required e.g., systems and procedures, lessons learned (capture and feedback).
- Responsible for tendering, negotiation and administration of allocated Frame Agreements.
- Analysing commodity spend information including market analysis and develop sourcing strategies.
- Preparing internal approval documents e.g., Contract Commitment Request.
- Ensuring adherence of contractor to the contract/project administration procedures.
- Claims management.
- Assisting Project Manager in contractual matters throughout the project duration.
- Assisting the contract holder with supplier management activity including performance reviews.
- Attending vessel dry dockings to manage key supplier variations.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- A relevant degree qualification (e.g. Business, Quantity Surveying, Law etc.) and/or Supply Chain qualification (CIPS) is preferred.
- Experience in a similar commercial role. Knowledge/experience of a subcontracts environment, with experience of marine and vessel projects would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes.
- Ability to communicate with professional and technical personnel at all levels.
- Ability to contribute to a motivated and professional Supply Chain Team.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and persistent.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Willing to embrace new ideas and foster their adoption within the business.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team