Contracts Specialist - VR/28335
Join a growing international organisation with a track record of success spanning more than 40 years. This is a newly created role in which you’ll provide contracts support to the Legal and Projects Teams. Based in Blackburn (Aberdeenshire), this is a full-time, permanent position.
Reporting directly to the Senior Legal Counsel, with regular interaction with the Project Director, you’ll be responsible for dealing with client and subcontractor contracts and administration, primarily in the EMEA region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contracting management and ongoing contract support.
- Ensuring compliance with all contractual processes and procedures.
- Providing legal support to tendering processes, including contract review, qualification, negotiation, and close-out.
- Negotiating and placing subcontracts.
- Maintaining project contracts and revisions, including maintenance of audit trail on all project contracts.
- Providing contractual leadership and strategic guidance to internal clients.
- Support for existing contracts, including:
- Escalating rates.
- Following up and formalisation of amendments and variations.
- Maintaining contract archives.
- Contractual and payment milestone administration.
- Contractual milestone cost forecasting and invoicing administration.
- Supporting project monthly reporting and providing contract performance status.
- Contributing to project reviews, audits, and PEER reviews.
- Supporting contract management of change.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, attributes, and qualifications:
- Significant experience in a similar role within the oil and gas/energy sector.
- Experience of working in a Drilling Contractor environment is advantageous, though not essential.
- A relevant degree qualification - e.g., Law or Quantity Surverying.
- A working knowledge of project contract management (contract types, formats, mechanisms, negotiations, and implementation).
- Knowledge of LOGIC contracts.
- An understanding of contract compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Ability to working proactively on own initiative.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team