Contracts / Subcontracts Specialist - VR/25805
Opportunity for a Contracts / Subcontracts Specialist to join a collaborative SCM and Tendering Team providing support to a number of geographic regions, offering maximum value to the end-client through locally tailored solutions, automation, and strategic supply chain partnerships.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for defined elements of subcontracting activities as delegated by the Pipeline Group SCM Manager.
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limit to, the following:
- Supporting supplier selection, bid evaluation, recommendation, commitment and delivery of subcontracted products and services.
- Delivering subcontracted products and services in accordance with approved budgets, schedule and agreed terms.
- Highlighting areas of risk and opportunity to all relevant stakeholders.
- Developing ideas and strategies to improve processes and procedures with a view of continuous improvement.
- Management and periodic review of existing frame agreements.
Pre-Award / Tendering:
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and attending internal tender kick-off meetings where required.
- Developing and maintaining SCM strategy documents and procurement plans, promoting lessons learned and best practice.
- Maintaining an up-to-date Supplier Management System (supplier pre-qualification, due diligence and screening)
- Identifying potential bidders and establishing a bidders list.
- Determining the appropriate contracting model i.e. frame agreement, subcontract, call off order or purchase order.
- Drafting any contractual documentation required as part of the Request for Quotation (RFQ) package.
- Preparing, coordinating and issuing RFQs in line with the agreed SCM strategy document or procurement plan.
- Coordinating and managing any clarifications.
- Reviewing, evaluating and ranking supplier proposals and quotations.
- Leading negotiations with suppliers to achieve the most favourable position from a commercial, technical, contractual, operational, quality and safety perspective and targeting savings against budget.
- Making recommendations to award and preparing Supplier Commitment Approval (SCA) forms.
Post-Award / Contract Management:
- Preparing award documentation.
- Finalising and placing subcontracts, call off orders and purchase orders as required.
- Participating in post-award kick-off meeting with the selected supplier.
- Proactively identifying, reporting and resolving project issues.
- Management of the Change Order process.
- Accurate financial and progress reporting, including providing input to cost controllers.
- Maintaining contact with suppliers and expediting services and deliverables as per project schedule.
- Executing contract close-out activities.
This opportunity is well-suited to applicants with relevant commercial and contractual experience, highly numerate with excellent interpersonal, analytical and administrative skills. Our client recognises that talent is found in all industries and whilst an understanding of commercial subsea project processes would be beneficial, this is not essential.
This role will involve occasional short-term travel within the UK and globally.
Preferred experience, skills and qualifications:
- A relevant degree or equivalent, with a strong preference for previous experience in a supply chain management contracts / subcontracts role.
- Professional certification in supply chain management is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Capable of developing and maintaining strong business relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Commercially aware with excellent analytical skills and an ability to work with detail and accuracy.
- Strong planning and organising skills, able to identify and effectively prioritise workload and successfully meet multiple, often competing deadlines.
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities within a fast-paced global business.
- Experience with SAP and / or SAP Ariba desirable.
- Ability to develop and adapt to role requirements.
- Proactive, with a solutions-based approach, willing to challenge the status quo.
- A collaborative worker, who demonstrates initiative and ownership of deliverables.
- A hands-on practical approach and willingness to supporting team activities.
- Committed to continuous improvement and identification of efficient work methods and processes.
- Willingness to learn and understand the technical aspects associated with the role.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team