Control & Instrument Engineer - VR/28274
Currently recruiting for an experienced Control and Instrument Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P company based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. The contract is initially due to run until the end of 2024, however, it is anticipated to be a long-term position. The company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and hybrid working will be available. Offshore visits may be required - therefore, applicants must be prepared to travel offshore.
It is a front-line operations position and it would suit a candidate who possesses a strong maintenance background within an operating environment, as well as broader systems engineering experience.
Reporting to the Asset Collaboration Room Team Lead, the primary function of this position is the provision of control and instrumentation engineering technical operations support and expertise for the platform.
The Control and Instrument Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing instrument support to operations daily to maintain high production and water injection efficiency.
- Accountable for reviewing maintenance plans to ensure plan attainment can be met.
- Responsible for frontline support for field instrumentation, ICSS, metering, telecoms, F&G and subsea controls.
- Liaising with technical and HSE support functions across the business.
- Raising engineering changes and liaising with the facilities engineering function.
- Applying professional knowledge to problems and providing guidance to offshore operations.
- Working collaboratively in teams to develop plans to achieve long term objectives or implement corporate strategies.
- Consistently applying sound engineering principles and performing work in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Interacting with engineering discipline and third-party contractors.
- Accountable for developing budget for C&I areas of responsibility and delivering approved budget.
- A relevant Engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Control and Instrument Engineer type role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Applicants should have a strong maintenance background within an operating environment, as well as broader systems engineering experience.
- Experience with C&I field equipment is essential.
- Experience in control systems fundamentals is essential.
- Applicants should have experience with SAP for managing work and reviewing maintenance plans.
- Applicants should have knowledge of performance standards for ensuring assets are compliant with requirements of the verification scheme.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team