Control & Instrument Project Engineer - VR/27269
Currently recruiting for an experienced Control & Instrument Project Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a specialist in the supply, installation and maintenance of hazardous electrical equipment. Based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire, this will be a full-time office-based role.
This role would suit a candidate who has relevant experience in a similar role, as well as a degree qualification in an electrical, instrumentation or controls related subject. The successful candidate will also have the chance to undertake development and progression through the personal development plan linked to this role. If the successful candidate wants to register with IET and work towards IENG or Chartered status, they will have the opportunity to do so.
Reporting to the Engineering Projects Lead, the Control & Instrument Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing detailed design and installation work pack / instructions.
- Providing engineering support to all C&I projects and PLC control systems scopes of work.
- Maintaining familiarity with HAZOP, LOPA and SIL determination.
- Applying, specifying and requisitioning DCS, PLC, and SIS systems.
- Offering support to other areas of the business in relation to technical matters.
- Conducting technical reviews on proposed materials specifications.
- Liaising with clients, as required, for any specific project requirements.
- Creating detailed design schematic drawings / documents and performance calculation packages.
- Monitoring, analysing and communicating key performance attainment.
- Managing project deliverables and reviewing possible risks against project plans.
- Adhering to company planning processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with mandatory gate criteria.
- Keeping up to date with industry legislation and standards.
- Preparing project proposals – both service and material requisitions.
- Providing detailed reporting on all project expenditure against budget.
- Contributing to project lessons learnt review and possible improvement opportunities.
- Mobilising offshore and at onshore work site locations, covering the UKCS and international locations.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant electrical, instrumentation or controls subject is essential.
- CompEx certification would be preferred.
- TUV certified / qualified would be preferred.
- PLC control systems vendor training and certification would be preferred.
- F&G vendor training and certification would be preferred.
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role, within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Proven experience with PLC control systems and in executing onshore and offshore scopes of work is essential.
- Experience with fire and gas systems is essential.
- Process control experience would be preferred.
- Experience in compiling and administering electrical maintenance and installation work packs would be preferred.
- Applicants should have previous supervisory experience.
- Previous experience of generating project drawings using AutoCAD would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team