Cost Centre Accountant - VR/23433
Cost Centre Accountant required on a permanent basis to join leading subsea organisation.
- Preparing monthly reporting pack for departmental cost centres (both overhead and OOC) including variance analysis and LTF forecast. This will include monthly, quarterly and annual analysis and will cover gross cost and recoveries.
- Recording actual results in the financial systems and prepare LTF forecasts using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Supporting the Team Lead / Operational Lead in compliance with the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements and ensure Group and Regional reporting objectives and policies are adhered within deadlines set.
- Communicating with cost centre managers to plan, monitor and advise on financial performance, explaining financial information to non-financial personnel.
- Preparing bottom up annual budget and calculation of internal standard costing rates for relevant cost centres / Functions.
- Preparing reconciliations and analysis with relevant and appropriate back up and critical analysis of the balances.
- Demonstrating a detailed understanding of Accounting Standards, principles and Group accounting policies to ensure they are applied and upheld.
- Pro-active participation in / leading coaching activities to the Associate Accountants within the Cost Centre Team.
- Identifying process improvement (PI) opportunities and help to establish best practice, standardisation and ways of working.
- Focusing on high level of service provided to stakeholders.
- Other ad hoc tasks and projects as required.
The position offers a diverse and challenging role, within a professional and process improvement driven team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a logical approach to problem solving.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant stream (Finance / Accounting / Business).
- The candidate should be at the final stages of their professional accountancy qualifications or a fully Qualified Accountant – ACA / ACCA / CIMA and / or international equivalent.
- Relevant experience working within a similar environment.
- Proven track record of good quality accurate analysis and analytical review.
- Detailed working knowledge of SAP and underlying modules (time allocations, Fixed assets, inventory, etc.) that impact the General Ledger
- Ability to work with Excel (including macro models), Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of running reports and data extraction for input into excel models.
- Communicates effectively and articulately, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer focused with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels across the business, seeks to improve through feedback and self-learning.
- Manages time effectively, is self-motivated to manage competing workloads and meet deadlines.
- Highly numeric, detail orientated with excellent planning and organising skills.
- Collaborative team working within a large group while able to demonstrate initiative and ownership for own tasks.
- Performance focused, first time right attitude, with good self-review skills (deliver quality products and services).
- Solutions focused, anticipates potential problems and works to overcome then.
- Demonstrates desire to challenge the status quo and devise new ideas and improvements.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team