Cost Controller - VR/27612
We are supporting our client on their appointment of a Cost Controller on a temporary basis.
Overview job description
- Providing services, support and advice to Project Management and Project Team on cost control and cost reporting.
- Initiating, implementing and maintaining cost control systems to ensure that the project is controlled and report effectively.
- Reporting project, budget and forecast deviations, and prompting application for supplements / changes when required.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Establishing AFE structures, cost and cash forecasts and budgets. Establishing and maintaining project work breakdown structure (WBS) in SAP. Coordinating the WBS and object breakdown structure with project Cost Estimator and Planning Engineer.
- Assisting in developing cost control strategy and reporting.
- Working in close cooperation with contractors to establish routines and reporting that meets the obligations set forth in the contract and company control procedures.
- Controlling contractor's invoices in SAP and ensure prompt preparation for payment.
- Preparing and following up annual budgets, forecasts and overall project costs.
- Evaluating and controlling cost impact of any changes or variations.
- Key player in supporting implementation of the Electronic Project Management System (EPMS).
- Promoting and ensuring use of the project management processes in the project.
- Working closely with Project Planner to ensure cost and schedule align.
- Assisting Estimator in CCF process to ensure preparation of accurate estimates.
- Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by the manager.
Applicants to this role require
- Subsea installation cost engineering background.
- Experience with project control in the oil and gas industry, including experience as a Cost Controller for projects.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and application i.e. ability to ensure these are complied with in the project.
- Good knowledge of electronic tools used for cost control i.e. SAP, BW, excel etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team